- 1 More DYK Facts to Submit
- 2 Ethanario
- 3 Three Important Things
- 4 Randomizer
- 5 Levels template
- 6 KatRC Soundtrack
- 7 Logo changing issues
- 8 Recent Releases
- 9 Finishing up DYK
- 10 Affiliate
- 11 Zerptwople vandal
- 12 Patrolling
- 13 Skyhigh emulation
- 14 Ban Wikidark2
- 15 Miiverse
- 16 Bayonetta Ability
- 17 Two Things
- 18 Vehicle infobox
- 19 Transformation infobox
- 20 Obstacles
- 21 Claimed Articles
- 22 Two Important Things
- 23 Wiki and Non-Wiki Matters
- 24 Claim template
- 25 A little confused
- 26 Logos
- 27 Vacation 2016
- 28 Color
- 29 Capsule J disambiguation page
- 30 Vandal
- 31 Four Little Things
- 32 Absence
- 33 The Next Wave of DYK Facts
- 34 Soundtrack
- 35 Welcome Back
- 36 Level Sequences
- 37 Template:Games
- 38 Two Things
- 39 Finishing Up KBlBl
- 40 KPR Bosses
- 41 Remove Redirect
- 42 Polls
- 43 Wiki logo
- 44 Embed Tweets
- 45 Wiki-wordmark
- 46 Medals
- 47 Categories
- 48 Heavy Lobster
- 49 Interlanguage Links
- 50 A little help?
More DYK Facts to Submit
List 3 is ready for submission to the box. Would you please help me by doing that? Also, a European editor informed me that one of the facts circulating is incorrect. It stated that "feels like pants" could be an insult in Europe, which apparently isn't true. Please change the text to this:
In the intro of the North American version of Kirby's Epic Yarn, Kirby exclaims that the grass "feels like pants" when he first arrives in Patch Land. In the European version of the game, Kirby instead states that the said grass "feels like trousers." This change was likely made because of regional differences, as pants are referred to as trousers in most parts of Europe.
- Sure, no problem! Sorry for the lateness, been busy with school and things ^^; I should be able to do this today :3 --Giokutalkuser 17:30, January 16, 2015 (UTC)
User:Ethanario He's cause a bit of trouble in the past and is back. It's nothing major, but nonetheless vandalism. If you're still on, I'd like you to block him. IqskirbyWhat? Haven't you seen a Santa Kirby before? 19:26, January 19, 2015 (UTC)
Three Important Things
1. In case you hadn't gotten my last message, I completed List 4 of the DYK project. Could you please submit them to the main template?
2. Speaking of DYK, one of the facts will need to be changed in the future. It mentions that Fatty Whale is the only reference to tobacco due to his pipe. Apparently, the new squid boss in KatRC also carries a pipe. We can't do anything about this til we learn his name. I'll keep you posted.
3. I'm trying to change Kirby Wiki's logo. How can I do that?
- I'll number my answers like you numbered your questions to make this easier~
- 1. No problem!
- 2. I will keep an eye out, then!
- 3. the wiki's logo is stored in this file: File:Wiki-wordmark.png. All you gotta do is upload it just like you would a normal file, under this name. Also, I think its a great idea to do themed logos; maybe we could do one for Kirby's Anniversary as well? Things like that? --Giokutalkuser 16:24, February 1, 2015 (UTC)
For starts, welcome back. It's nice to see you return here. As for it, there are some things that need to be changed in the randomizer due to changes in the articles. For example, 02 is still referred to as 02 instead of the current name we have for him. I would like that, and any other mistakes you can find to be fixed. Thank you. IqskirbyI'm wearing green. No pinching. 16:51, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Oops forgot to respond to this! Wanted to let ya know I took care of this now~ thanks for the heads up! --Giokutalkuser 15:21, March 12, 2015 (UTC)
- The rowspan parameter on the <th> tag for KatRC was one too many; it was set to 9 but there's only 8 worlds so it also included KTD in it. Got it fixed now, yay! --Giokutalkuser 23:19, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
Out of curiomosity, do you own KatRC? I'm unable to create a soundtrack for it like we have in Portal:Media, and I was wondering if you intend to create it sometime given your wealth of tech knowledge. No pressure, it's okay if you can't for one reason or another. Cheers, NerdyBoutKirby A vision! 01:43, March 15, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry, no I don't have it... on account of I don't have a Wii U ^^; So yeah, not gonna be able to get an original soundtrack for us. Sorry! :c --Giokutalkuser 15:11, March 15, 2015 (UTC)
Logo changing issues
I tried to change the clay logo back to the logo you created by uploading the old logo under the name Wiki-wordmark.png. It didn't seem to work, so now the clay logo is just stretched. What should be done about this? NerdyBoutKirby We help each other out, you see. 19:23, May 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, I'm seeing the other logo now; it just takes some time for the servers to sync up with those things; sometimes takes a day or so. --Giokutalkuser 14:43, May 20, 2015 (UTC)
Sorry to bug you, Gioku, but I have noticed that Kirby and the Rainbow Curse is not shown under the 'recent releases' tab. Would you be able to do something about that?
- Well, unfortunately I can't publish my edit on it right now, somehow the formatting is messed up (probably from something in wikia changing but our CSS is the same and there's some disparity), so I can't fix it for now. I will bring it up with Changtau2005 a bit later, though. --Giokutalkuser 22:46, May 21, 2015 (UTC)
Finishing up DYK
We've finished List 4 and List 5 of the DYK project. Would you please upload the facts to the template? Remember: In List 4, you've already uploaded the first ten. NerdyBoutKirby We help each other out, you see. 16:45, June 3, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry this took so long for me to respond D: I have been really distracted by all sorts of stuff but I am gonna try to make a commintment to check in here at least once a day from now on. Also is it just me or is the main page all messed up formatting-wise...? --Giokutalkuser 00:43, June 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Hi Gioku, the main page had problems which were caused by Wikia updating their CSS to not actually fluidly expand the window width anymore, presumably to fit predetermined ad sizes etc. etc. So much for calling it the fluid layout. I've fixed what I found broken, including equally messed-up global font sizes in the article space, templates, and infoboxes, but the page header has some extra padding to the left and right which I think I'll just leave alone for now. Poyo! 08:54, June 29, 2015 (UTC)
- Alright, I'll go have a look! Thanks for the heads up. And oh, in that case, feel free to come to me if you need any help with anything! I haven't been as active lately but if anyone needs some help with something or a second opinion or etc. I'm always around c: --Giokutalkuser 16:28, July 12, 2015 (UTC)
Both Iqskirby and I are leaving for just over a week starting tomorrow. After what happened last time I left, I'm concerned that vandals may stir up trouble in our absence. If you're able, could you please beef up the security here for the next ten days or so? I'd appreciate it. NerdyBoutKirby I did that with my mouth! 19:36, July 30, 2015 (UTC)
- oh sure, thanks for asking! I may be a little busy because I'm working on a game right now, but I can keep an eye on here :3 --Giokutalkuser 02:02, July 31, 2015 (UTC)
I've been told you have access to an emulator. I would like some snapshots from KSSU. You probably recall that Skyhigh has a maze-like area near the end of the level. I have a raw map of the area, but don't have access to pictures featuring each of the rooms. You think you could get those for me? NBK also wanted me to remind you about what I assume is KSSU's stone compilation. IqskirbyHi there. 21:00, August 13, 2015 (UTC)
- Again, sorry for the late response! But yes, I could do that; technically that sort of thing is available to anyone who wants to do it... anyway, I did that on my old computer on which the hard drive died, so I don't have a save file anymore so I will have to play through the game again to that point. I'll definitely try to get around to it when I can, but I am kinda preoccupied working on a video game at the moment, tho I will put this on my to-do list, hehe. --Giokutalkuser 18:01, August 17, 2015 (UTC)
This person is a spammer. Aside from some unnecessary notes written on my talk page and Changtau2005's talk page which I've undone, this person is becoming a nuisance on this blog. I'm especially not fond of this comment in particular. Also, framing you. IqskirbyHi there.
Hi Gioku! Recently, NBK has brought up the idea of transposing all of the official Miiverse drawings (Such as this one: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkji2ulKw) to the Wiki. We all agreed that this was a good idea, and NBK has already started work on getting them all.
In addition to getting all of the drawings, I suggested that we have a box on the Main Page to show the latest such drawing. I thought that we could have the box on the right side of the page underneath the 'Latest Title' box. In addition to displaying the latest drawing, I also thought it could lead to a page that would show all of the drawings starting from first released to latest released. Of course, we would have to include drawings from both the Dedede's Drum Dash/Kirby Fighters Deluxe and Kirby Triple Deluxe communities.
- Hmm, well, though that would be neat, I am not sure of the feasibility of it, with how Wikia works. There would have to be some sort of key on those pictures/posts (like an RSS feed) to make it automatic; and even if there was an RSS feed, I am not sure if Wikia is able to work with those, either. Otherwise, you would need to manually add some sort of key to the filenames (such as a number to order them), and then I think (not positive, would need to ask advice from more technical support) that the wiki markup is capable of looking for some sort of key like that; like, have it look through the files on the site and find ones with a certain type of name. That's far beyond anything I have attempted on here, and I am not even sure it would even be possible given what Wikia can and can't do. So, ultimately, if you want something like that, though it would be slow, it would probably need to be done entirely manually (you put all the drawings in order and manually put the newest one on the template). If you (or someone else) were willing to do that part, I could do the part of making the template that would go on the main page. --Giokutalkuser 16:11, November 19, 2015 (UTC)
- Wow, sorry for not responding to this! Yeah, it would be better to repost those to KWTwitter, now that we have it. Creating an entirely new box requires more effort and time than I would like to spend, and the end result probably wouldn't be as neat as just posting it on Twitter. Yeah, I'm down with that. Paul2 ➨ ➨ You've been... robobotized! 15:11, May 23, 2016 (UTC)
I thought I'd be downloading Bayonetta in Smash Bros., but with the new Kirby announcement, I might have to hold off on that for a while. Still, we need at least one screenshot of the Bayonetta ability for the Copy Abilities (Super Smash Bros. series) article--one more picture like the others and I'll finally be able to complete the SSB3DS compilation seen in the gallery! You wouldn't happen to have Bayonetta, would you? NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 21:17, March 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh yeah I can do that for you, I do have Bayonetta actually! Also I had an idea today and started on it, I thought it'd be cool to make a Kirby Wiki Twitter page, so I made it! You can see it here, and I thought I'd invite you to come help out on it! You need a twitter account of course to be a team member on it, so if you don't have one and/or don't wanna make one that's fine, I am fine working on it by myself (though if there's anyone else on here who might like to help me maintain it let me know!); I thought it could be a nice way to give quick updates and such on Kirby/Kirby Wiki stuff, as well as be a possible replacement for our old news section that we already have (the one that is rather slow and we hardly ever update, twitter is much faster and simpler and could be used more efficiently I think), so... yea! Let me know what you think on that! --Giokutalkuser 22:05, March 4, 2016 (UTC)
- You can handle the Twitter page, I think. I've never been much for social media outside of this site. If other viewers are able to comment on it, we should be careful not to let wiki drama (such as "X deleted my article!" or "Y undid my edit!") pool there.
- You can see how I've been doing the SSB3DS screenshots--go to Tortimer Island (Omega), inhale fighter, knock fighter out of range, face right near the flower patch on the right side of the island. Post the snapshot on this page when you're done. Good luck! NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 22:24, March 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Alrighty sounds great! And yea if that happens theres a block/mute button so no trouble there haha. It'll be super simple to put in right where we have the current announcements section too (wikia has built-in twitter widget support), so that's all set too! Plus it has the upside of giving me something to keep me interested in staying around here more haha (I try not to take such long breaks from here anyway but it happens, hopefully this will keep me more attached!) And if there's ever something then that you'd like to have posted there I'd like to know too, it's a good place to point out certain articles or trivia bits you like and such! And alright I'm opening up Super Smash Bros. as I type this so it'll be up soon! --Giokutalkuser 22:29, March 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Got it done! Thanks for your compliance! NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 02:12, March 5, 2016 (UTC)
Hi! If you're not busy, would you please do two things for me?
- Kirby Mass Attack can't celebrate its fifth anniversary without a navbox template of its own! We've been putting it off for years because of how enemies and bosses are divided among the main game and sub-games. Would you please help us by creating that?
- User:Gioku/Workshop and User:Gioku/Kirby and the French Revolution are disrupting the Games category. If it's no trouble, would you please delete the Game infoboxes from them?
- Okay so the first one, no problem; that's the footer one, correct? The one that needs database stuff and all? My memory on that stuff is a little fuzzy since being gone for a few months and all haha. The second one actually is even more simple I can just set "categorize=0" on them and poof, problem fixed! I can get to those tomorrow morning! --Giokutalkuser 03:35, March 9, 2016 (UTC)
With KPR putting a heavy emphasis on Robobot Armor, I think we need an infobox for non-KAR vehicles. This will also be useful for other articles as well. Articles that would make use of it fall outside of the Character-Enemy-Location-Item genres.
Do you have the ability to create such an infobox? If so, would you please work on it as soon as you can? I've got an article planned for an April 4 release. NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 22:37, March 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Yea, no problem! Just let me know what fields you want included in it and I can go ahead with it! --Giokutalkuser 00:51, March 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Light gray will be just fine; in fact I noticed that both the character and item infoboxes use the same color, haha! While I'm at it, do you think I should make one of those a different color? Color-coding is a much faster and more intuitive way to know what you are looking at quickly rather than reading it! --Giokutalkuser 16:47, March 25, 2016 (UTC)
- No offense, but I feel the orange shade looks a bit garish. The interior color in most infoboxes is often more white-ish than the exterior color, usually with just a light hue. Is there any way you could lighten both orange shades a little (with more emphasis on the interior)? The vehicle box looks great as it is, though, so you don't need to change anything there. NerdyBoutKirby Eyes on the prize. 17:48, March 25, 2016 (UTC)
I noticed that the word Transformation in the Transformation infobox links to the Kirby's Epic Yarn page. While that worked perfectly well in 2010, other games that make use of transformations have released and will release in the future. What do you suggest we do about this? NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 20:57, April 1, 2016 (UTC)
- Hmm, I would think the easiest way would be just to make a page about Transformations! I don't know where we kept that info before (presumably on the respective games' pages), but I think it would not be too much trouble to give them a page of their own. --Giokutalkuser 00:11, April 2, 2016 (UTC)
After a bit of deliberation with the rest of our small staff, I changed the previous obstacles to be enemies. The database isn't aware of that, though. If you're not busy, would you please fix this? NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 13:38, April 20, 2016 (UTC)
We're starting to need a Kirby Wiki article (one of those "Kirby Wiki: XXX" pages) that lists the articles editors have planned to create. Since article creation here thrives on the dibs system, users here are getting tired of others creating shabby, incomplete pages that they've already sworn to do a professional job on.
I should explain the complete rules. Claims are not required to make articles, but some users prefer to have them as an option. Users who are interested in creating an article all by themselves in a workshop can make a public claim to the article (which can be withdrawn at any time). For pages related to games that are already released, a user's claim expires after two months. For claims on articles from unreleased games, the expiration date is two months after the game's release. Shortly before a claim expires, an administrator (myself, specifically) will assess how much progress has been made and may choose to offer an extension. If a claim expires, the work that is currently done on the page can be published by anyone.
To prevent a small pool of editors from claiming every page before a new game is released, there is a limit to how many articles can be taken. A user may claim up to five articles from one game at a time; for example, I could take all of the following at one time:
- KMA: Green Grounds, Sandy Canyon, Dedede Resort, Volcano Valley, Necro Nebula
- KRtDL: Lor Starcutter, Magolor, Landia
- KTD: Reviving Tomato, Sun Stone, Taranza, Coily Rattler
Articles claimed by blocked individuals, as well as any progress made on them, are "auctioned" off by an administrator to a responsible user who isn't already at page capacity.
The Kirby Wiki page I am requesting should lay out the rules above, advise users to avoid the pages listed, and then list each claimed page by game. The user who claimed it and the expiration date of the claim should also be listed.
Last but not least, I'd like a link to the page and a KWTwitter announcement of this finalized rule set. That's a big request, but I hope it's not unreasonable. NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 20:56, April 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Sounds cool to me! So we'd call it Kirby Wiki:Claimed Articles then? If you want me to set this all up/do the announcements, I can do that jut fine, just go ahead and tell me how I should word it and exactly how I should set it up; I think we should have a template like on other requests pages and make sure it's all orderly and everything! --Giokutalkuser 23:13, April 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Hm. I think that makes it a bit too formal. If we have a lengthy requesting and granting process, people will feel disinclined to claim articles, and it would slow our work. I started the page here, by the way, and you're free to contribute to it if you have suggestions or think things should be reworded. Sound good? NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 17:12, April 26, 2016 (UTC)
- Oh, I get what you mean. We could do that if you want, though we'd have to create a new template to specifically accommodate it. It could list the Article, Date Claimed, Expiration Date (2 months), and then Signature. Keep in mind that we'll be deleting the claims as they are completed to keep the page tidy, so the value of such a template is subjective. What do you think of this, Gioku? NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 21:46, April 26, 2016 (UTC)
- Also I have one suggestion; I think you have the format backwards, I think it should go user, then game, then article; I think the main thing should be to see what articles each person has claimed rather than which games have articles claimed. What do you think? This will also make setting up that template easier. --Giokutalkuser 16:26, April 27, 2016 (UTC)
I suppose. If we put the user's signature first, it'll break the flow, since some signatures (like mine) are long and break text flow. If we did that, simply stating the username would be a better option. NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 16:33, April 27, 2016 (UTC)
- Okie dokie, my section is done! User:Gioku/Workshop#Claimed_Articles You can put that in where you want it; I'm making it an optional thing for people who wanna save some time trying to do all the formatting. This is a convenient template to copy/paste in but it can still be done/modified by hand as needed or by preference. Hope you like it! --Giokutalkuser 00:12, April 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks. I've changed the way it will look in my workshop, so please take a look and give me your feedback. Three quick questions:
- Are the claim dates constant? If someone added his own claimed article a week from now, would every date on the page be changed automatically? Because we can't have that.
- We need to make this article extremely easy to access, as we'll be expecting newcomers to check and use it. How would you suggest doing that?
- Sticker currently links to Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Would you please delete that redirect?
- NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 21:13, May 3, 2016 (UTC)
- 1. I used subst in the template for the date, so that means it will set itself to the date on the day you make it, and then not change.
- 2. I figured an announcement on the forum would be good, as well as the little section on the recent activity page, and also a spot in the portal:help out section. There may be other places for it too, let me know if there are any where you want it!
- 3. I'll take care of it :3 --Giokutalkuser 02:25, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
- Noticed some discrepancies in how my template system was working so I am redoing a bit of it; it should be fixed up soon tho! --Giokutalkuser 21:51, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
- NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 21:13, May 3, 2016 (UTC)
- So what I currently have in my workshop I can freely publish? This is a big deal, so I'm making extra sure I know what I'm doing. That's why I'm asking so many questions. NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 22:51, May 4, 2016 (UTC)
Two Important Things
- The Claimed Articles page is officially posted! A KWTwitter announcement and any behind-the-scenes stuff is needed as soon as possible.
- I've noticed that since my previous Two Things message, all of the sections on this user page are bumped over for some reason. Is there a reason or a way to fix it? It's bugging me.
- ...that is weird. o.o I'll get the announcement up first thing tomorrow and I'll check on that after that, haha. --Giokutalkuser 02:38, May 5, 2016 (UTC)
Wiki and Non-Wiki Matters
Firstly, you may or may not have noticed that we have an undetermined RfA. You may want to weigh in on it so we have more than two people making the decision. On another note, if it's no trouble, would you please tell me your email address? I have a non-wiki matter I'd like to ask you about. You can redact your address later if you'd like it to remain hidden. NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 22:46, May 16, 2016 (UTC)
- Sure I will be sure to get on both of those tomorrow! (Assuming you haven't changed your email address I may still have yours an I can just email you there if that's easier for you!) --Giokutalkuser 02:25, May 17, 2016 (UTC)
Despite the Claimed Artiocles page existing, new users continue to create articles that already have a claim laid on them. We have reason to believe that this is because they can't find the page easily and immediately (albeit poorly) try to fill in red links they find on the KPR page. To fight this, I'd like to propose a Claimed template. It should be similar to Template:Conjectural (), but have small text, "CLAIMED," which links back to the Claimed Articles page. This would help us in the long run. Would you be able to create this template?
- Sure, sounds like a good idea! I'll get on that soon as I can (which should be tomorrow morning).
And I'll do my best on that, if you could just let people know I'll be the main admin on here until then, and that they can come to me to report any problems, that'd be good; I'm still trying to avoid spoilers until KPR comes out haha! --Giokutalkuser 03:12, May 28, 2016 (UTC)
A little confused
Hi Gioku! I'm not sure if this is something you and Nerdy discussed at some point, but I am not sure that I truly understand why we need this new Claimed Articles template. After all, it does seem a bit like putting empty pages on the Wiki, and it also appears to negate the purpose of the workshops.
I'm not questioning that you have good reasoning behind the creation of this template- I'm sure you do- but I'm just a bit confused. Could you please help me put to rest my confusion on this issue? Thanks! Paul2 ➨ ➨ You've been... robobotized! 22:42, May 28, 2016 (UTC)
- As discussed in the section right above this, people were still not noticing that we have an article claiming system and creating article anyway -- this ensures that people see and know that article claiming exists and not to create/edit those pages. This is basically the same as having the pages have red links (the pages are still basically blank/non-existent), but makes sure we don't have to keep stopping people from making them. And you are still advised to work on it in your workshop until its finished, for these reasons. Hope that helps! --Giokutalkuser 23:09, May 28, 2016 (UTC)
- Yep, it did! I was aware of the attempt to get people to notice that article claiming system. This new system will probably help with that!
- I can put in one of those too but it'll be a lot more work to upkeep; this is much more obvious and assured to get people to notice; they click the link and they see it; a "claimed" mouseover message would be less clear. This I think is the best way to stop people from creating the article when they are not supposed to. --Giokutalkuser 15:18, May 29, 2016 (UTC)
- I agree that a mouseover message would be less clear, but I thought it would be useful in conjunction with this new claimed articles template to keep readers from thinking they're going on a completed article. It may be work to upkeep it, but I think it would have some good uses. Anyhow, good job with the new template! It'll probably work out way better for us in the long run. Paul2 ➨ ➨ You've been... robobotized! 15:29, May 29, 2016 (UTC)
Firstly, Paul2 created a KPR-themed logo we can use for our site for the next few months. I agreed transparentize it, but upon closer inspection, that'll be harder to do with my tools--it would end up having white edges everywhere. Would you be able to spruce it up?
Secondly, we may have a need for three more PortalLogos: Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe (http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/File:DDDD_Logo.png), Kirby Fighters Deluxe (http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/File:KFDLogo.png), and BOXBOY! (http: //vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/nintendo/images/6/66/Box_Boy_logo.png/revision/latest?cb=20150403144343&path-prefix=en). We probably wouldn't use them often, but they may be beneficial to have on the Sticker page, as well as for future reference. We have a number of PortalLogos that we never use, anyway (like the original KMA logo), so we wouldn't be obligated to make frequent use of them if they were to exist. BOXBOY! probably would not link to anything.
- Sure thing! I can probly just re-do the logo with the same images, that'd be the easiest way (all those images are readily available and I can just put them in the same places), I'll get on that later today.
- And sure, I can get those done; the BOXBOY! one I think is unnecessary though considering I doubt it would ever be used, and it's not exactly a Kirby game, haha. --Giokutalkuser 14:39, June 2, 2016 (UTC)
Hi there. I'm one of the admins of the My Singing Monsters wiki, and thought I'd give you a heads-up: I've just banned Ostrich1985 as a sock of Mfaccas. Part of my "evidence" was seeing that "Ostrich1985" just repeated one of the edits here that he was banned for as Mfaccas.
- I was trying to earlier, but someone didn't give it the right dimensions, so its a bit of a hassle, but I should have it up soon. --Giokutalkuser 15:26, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
Heads-up: On Friday I'll be leaving for vacation. I'll be gone about two weeks without my laptop (most likely). Would you please keep everything safe and secure in my absence? NerdyBoutKirby Feeble-minded Kirbys! 22:36, June 21, 2016 (UTC)
- Will do, maybe leave a note on your talk page for people to come to me until you get back? Thanks! --Giokutalkuser 01:57, June 22, 2016 (UTC)
We might be having an issue. It's not too big right now, but it could become an edit war if it goes on long enough. Do you remember a time when the Heavy Anaconda page was being vandalized about 2 years ago? And later on, there was an issue over what color its underbelly was? We're having a very similar problem. Unnecessary edits have come to Heavy Anaconda and WolfWrath, changing colors unnecessarily and adding superfluous content. If this gets out of hand, I'm leaving it up to you to block this person. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 19:27, June 29, 2016 (UTC)
- Okie doke, I'll keep an eye on things. This is such a weird thing! I never understood why they wanted to do that to that page, it makes no sense, haha. --Giokutalkuser 00:56, June 30, 2016 (UTC)
Capsule J disambiguation page
Iqskirby and I have a discussion going on at this page regarding whether the title of that page should become 'Capsule J (disambiguation)' or should remain 'Capsule J Series'. If you could weigh in on this issue, that would be helpful. Thanks! Paul2 ➨ ➨ You've been... robobotized! 16:37, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
- Well, personally, I don't mind either way, so I'll leave it up to you! --Giokutalkuser 17:20, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
Either block him or give him one more chance and then have it done with. For the name, just check the recent activity; I refuse to say it for my own reasons. IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 20:14, July 3, 2016 (UTC)
Four Little Things
- As you're probably aware, your claim on Haltmann Works Company is almost at an end. You can work on it at any time, but if it's not done soon, it will be released for community editing.
- Have you put any thought into the KPR soundtrack yet? I know that stuff takes longer than most other things, so take your time.
- Do you still have that KSSU emulator? If so, I could use a few screenshots for an upcoming Meta Point article. They're those blue orbs Meta Knight collects in Meta Knightmare Ultra.
- Three games so far have had demos released outside of conventions: KMA, KTD, and KPR. Do you think we should add a "Demo release" section to game infoboxes?
Just to let you know, I'll be gone for a few days starting Sunday. Would you keep everything safe while I'm away? I've asked Iqskirby to keep watch as well. Thanks, NerdyBoutKirby the EYES! 18:33, August 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Sure! Just in time, I'm just now done being busy for the summer, hehe. I'll keep an eye on things! Gonna go ahead and respond to your previous message while I'm at it:
- 1. Looks like I ran out on the claim already so yea... it's still not made tho so I might still try to make it, with some help!
- 2. The soundtrack for KPR will probably have to wait awhile; I was able to do soundtracks before because I had a lot of spare time (no other projects going on), and our music system was working, as far as I know that's still not fixed. I would like to get to it, but it is kind of indefinite for when I will get to it.
- 3. I can still play KSSU on an emulator if need be, yes! I'll see if I have the time to get that for you!
- 4. I'll need clarification on that but it will be doable. What would you like for that exactly?
- Thanks. I believe the music player has been fixed, but I'm not positive. As for the demo section, just imagine the Release section but with the phrase "Demo Release" in front of it. It's go under Re-release, I'd imagine. Make it completely separate from Re-releases, as I just noticed Releases and Re-releases are connected. Does that make sense? NerdyBoutKirby the EYES! 05:43, August 21, 2016 (UTC)
The Next Wave of DYK Facts
I know you've got a ton going on in addition to all the assignments I've dropped on you, but I must ask one more before I forget: The next group of facts for the DYK section are ready to be added to the template. It's only #7-#30 since you uploaded the first six facts earlier. Lastly, a few of the previous facts need a little tweaking. I've noted which ones here.
- Oh, and I'd recommend commenting on Star Wars Day (since it's apparently an accepted holiday) on KW Twitter. A picture of Double-Bladed Laser Sword would do. It's your choice, though, since said holiday isn't especially important to KW. NerdyBoutKirby Let's switch it up! 04:29, May 4, 2017 (UTC)
- Whoops, sorry I missed that one, I would have posted it! Is probably best in the future to try to give me ideas like that week or so in advance, because it's difficult for me to get the time to check here every single day; you should be able to expect me most often on weekends, though! --Giokutalkuser 00:35, May 7, 2017 (UTC)
Hiya, Gioku! Just a friendly reminder to swing by the Kirby Wiki's 10 Anniversary Forum, here and cast your ideas on what the music could be! Hope you get back in time to offer your thoughts! Meta Kirby52 Not This Time. 23:15, November 14, 2016 (UTC)
Hey, Gioku. NBK here. If you find the time, would you mind creating LevelSequence stuff for a few games? I'm thinking Kirby's Block Ball, Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble, and (most importantly) Team Kirby Clash Deluxe? I asked both Starman and BNK if they'd do it weeks ago, but they never responded. NerdyBoutKirby Let's switch it up! 17:23, June 12, 2017 (UTC)
- Sure thing, I can get to that later today! You can help me out by giving me a list of the pages (in order, preferably) on my talk page here, if you want! --Giokutalkuser 17:28, June 12, 2017 (UTC)
- Alright. I'll even include Pinball Land, should you choose to make one for that, too. Here they are:
- Cappy's stage
- Squishy's stage
- Kabu's stage
- Poppy Bros. Sr.'s stage
- Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright's stage
- Mr. Frosty's stage
- Kracko's stage
- Whispy Woods' stage
- Kabula's stage
- Brobo's stage
- King Dedede's Castle
- Level 1 (Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)
- Level 2 (Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)
- Level 3 (Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)
- Level 4 (Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)
- Level 5 (Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)
- Level 6 (Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)
- Level 7 (Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)
- Level 8 (Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble)
- For some reason, Template:Games displays most of the Main Series in italics, but not all the others. Could you please fix it so they're all italics?
- On the topic of Template:Games, I propose we rework to more closely resemble the ordering on Kirby (series). It should have Main series, with Traditional platformers and Non-traditional platformers separated; Spin-offs, with Miscellaneous spin-offs and Expanded sub-games separated; then follow it up with Other games and Unreleased games, as seen in the current template. The Remakes section can be removed, as those games will be put in Main series and Spin-offs.
- I just made Village an official level. However, I cannot get the TKCD LevelSequence to link back to it; You can go from Village to Grasslands by clicking the forward arrow, but you can't go back from Grasslands by clicking a backward arrow. Y'know, like how Cookie Country is able to do it for Lor Starcutter. Would you be able to help me with this?
- Here are a few images I'm having a rough time transparentizing; every time I use the Magic Eraser, the outer edge of the characters takes a serious hit. As you can see, there are bits of other images that need to be deleted from them as well. If you'd be able to have them done before KBlBl releases on Friday, that'd be awesome, but take as long as you need.
Finishing Up KBlBl
It won't be long before Nintendo drops a big announcement about that upcoming 3DS game, so we need to finish our KBlBl coverage before then. If possible, would you mind writing about the bosses (and their Revenge forms) on their respective pages? I'd do it ordinarily, but since I wrote all the KBlBl stage articles by hand, I think I've done my part there for now, haha. If you could take care of that it'd really help us out. NerdyBoutKirby You are who you choose to copy... 17:47, August 15, 2017 (UTC)
- Sure, I should be able to get to that throughout the week! -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 02:53, August 16, 2017 (UTC)
With Miiverse being shut down soon, I'm going through KPR to get missing screenshots. That reminded me: The KPR boss sections are less than stellar in my opinion; they contain way too much information to be digestible. Susie and Star Dream Soul OS are some examples of it done right. While I'm gathering screenshots of the bosses, would you be able to cut down and/or reformat the info on those pages to be a bit more like Susie's?
(As a rule of thumb, if a boss fight has more than one health bar, it should be divided into separate phases. If it's just one health bar with changing movesets, it should be one section. The Meta Knightmare Returns section is a completely different section, however.)
- Finding the time for stuff has been rough on here lately but I should be able to set aside a good chunk of a day (or days) here soon to get that done for you! So far I did Kracko's page, I've been holding off on King Dedede for the moment though because I have a bit extra I want to do there, his page needs the expanded sub games broken off into separate sections, the way other pages I saw have them (right now Kirby Fighters Deluxe et al. are categorized under the games their original sub games came from). -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 04:32, September 1, 2017 (UTC)
- Hey just wanted to let you know that the site is running realllly slow for me right now so its going to be difficult to do the amount of edits I need to, but I will try my best to make it work! It just might take longer than I expected, heh. -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 20:34, September 9, 2017 (UTC)
- Small update, I fixed the issue, so the site is running fine for me again and I will be able to get those edits done soon! Yay! -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 01:20, September 11, 2017 (UTC)
With Orange Kirby becoming an official member of Kirby's species, I'm planning to make an article for him. Problem is, the name redirects to Spray Paint. How do I delete this redirect? It'll help to know for the future. Thanks, NerdyBoutKirby You are who you choose to copy... 03:07, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
- Very simple, you go to http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Orange_Kirby?redirect=no which is reached by appending ?redirect=no to the URL, or clicking on "redirected from" on the Spray Paint page (or from whatever page it was redirecting to, more generally), and then from there you can edit the page and remove #REDIRECT:[[Spray Paint]] (or whatever the redirect may be) from the page. Hope that helps! -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 03:42, September 14, 2017 (UTC)
Hey Gioku! When you get the chance, I was wondering if you could please update the polls to get visitors' opinions on the upcoming Kirby titles on KW's front page. Thanks in advance! Paul2 The "dorkiest" of Matter. 14:35, September 18, 2017 (UTC)
- Alright, that's done! Might take a bit for it to actually show up, though, so be patient. Also, I will get to the polls here soon, sorry for my lateness on that one! -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 01:08, December 1, 2017 (UTC)
How exactly would one embed individual tweets on here? I've managed to successfully display the Twitter Timeline of the official Kirby twitter, "Kirby25thJP," but from what I've seen, embedding individual tweets might be a bit troublesome. I've heard the process requires creating new pages, but I'm feeling iffy about that idea. Reason I ask is because the tweets, specifically the videos, showing off the Kirby Battle Royale Copy Abilities would be nice to have here, but that's not as easy as embedding a youtube video. IqskirbyHe's a pretty jolly guy. 23:31, January 16, 2018 (UTC)
- Sure, I can look into it...I think it should be doable, but it might take some doing to get it to work. I'll see what I can make happen! -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 04:42, January 17, 2018 (UTC)
- Okay so, update on this. The method I have found for this requires making custom MediaWiki pages, a feature which is currently locked due to an ongoing security audit on wikia. So we're kinda stuck here, sorry! It would be possible to manually format it on a page but using twitter's formatting directly will not be possible at this time. Sorry about that! -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 20:06, January 18, 2018 (UTC)
Nintendo of America has been doing versions of these, but these are more accessible and are more about the gameplay than other appearances.
- Parasol and Ninja showcase
- Hammer and Fighter showcase
- Ice and Spear showcase
- Tornado and Beetle showcase
- Sword, Bomb, and Cutter showcase
- Doctor and Whip showcase
- Waddle Dee showcase
- Mirror showcase
- Meta Knight showcase
- King Dedede showcase
- Cool, I'll get those in a little while and link you the videos when they are ready! -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 20:41, January 18, 2018 (UTC)
Alright I've got it all uploaded, here's the links to the videos for you!
- Parasol and Ninja showcase
- Hammer and Fighter showcase
- Ice and Spear showcase
- Tornado and Beetle showcase
- Sword, Bomb, and Cutter showcase
- Doctor and Whip showcase
- Waddle Dee showcase
- Mirror showcase
- Meta Knight showcase
- King Dedede showcase
- As far as I was able to tell, nothing...I tried uploading it directly last time and it didn't work until I went through the theme editor. So I guess if you want around it you can just have me do it for you haha. Sorry about that! -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 22:58, January 17, 2018 (UTC)
Don't forget to type up the Medal descriptions in the table before doing anything else in KBR! Unlock any of those by accident and we won't get the descriptions, period (unless someone deletes his/her file for the sake of the wiki). NerdyBoutKirby Noooooo! 00:46, January 31, 2018 (UTC)
Hey, there seems to be a problem when it comes to adding categories. For some reason, some of our new pages, notably the stages in Far Flung - Starlight Heroes, aren't showing their added categories at the bottom (save for stubs and under construction). Going to the category page also shows that they are indeed missing, despite that, when going into the page's source material, the information that is responsible for adding the category is present on the bottom of the page like usual. Do you think you could fix this? IqskirbyBihm Masheen Gahn! 16:00, March 24, 2018 (UTC)
- Hmm...never heard of a problem like this before but I'll do my best! -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 19:48, March 24, 2018 (UTC)
- Checked it out and could not figure out the problem. How frustrating! I've put in a support request on community central for it now, so now we just wait to see what comes of that. -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 17:32, April 10, 2018 (UTC)
Do you still have that KSSU emulator? If so, would you be able to get screenshots of Heavy Lobster's summons (Mini Lobster, Paint Slime)? I hope this request isn't too heavy. NerdyBoutKirby Meh meh meh! 05:54, April 6, 2018 (UTC)
- Hehe, I can do that for you! I was planning to do some work here next week cause I'm planning to take a break from making art and stuff, so I can get to that (as well as that category thing, if that's still going on). I also want to get the database for Kirby Star Allies done if that's not done yet, too. Side note: I was going to do the database for Kirby Battle Royale, but I quickly realized the game doesn't really fit with our database system? So we'll have to think about what we want to do for its database. -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 17:00, April 6, 2018 (UTC)
- Excellent work! If you're able, could you please help me with two other things?
- Have a look at the Levels template. You'll see that Kirby - Star Allies isn't lined up with the other KSA levels. Could you fix it?
- Look at Crazy Stactus. When putting two images into the enemy infobox, the top banner turns red like a Character infobox and the captions vanish. Is there a way to fix these bugs? NerdyBoutKirby Meh meh meh! 18:21, April 10, 2018 (UTC)
- The Levels template was an easy fix, there was an extra row in the table for some reason, I just deleted it. As for the second one, that's a bit beyond me, hehe. Might wanna bring it up with Changtau, it looks like something with the CSS or something else along those lines... something beyond just the template itself. -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 18:46, April 10, 2018 (UTC)
When it comes to your KSSU emulator, would you be able to get screenshots of all the Revenge of the King enemies? Pages like Galbel and Perot, for example, can really benefit from a screenshot or two (which I'd recommend for boomerang and bomb Perot in particular). NerdyBoutKirby Meh meh meh! 06:22, April 20, 2018 (UTC)
- Hey, whoops, sorry I took so long to get to this!! I'm supposed to get email notifications but never did for this one. But anyway, sure, I can definitely do that! I will plan for it here sometime soon. -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 19:26, May 1, 2018 (UTC)
I'm sorry to bother you, but I'd like to ask about interlanguage links. Recently, the Arabic Kirby Wikia started up; they currently only have five pages, but hopefully they'll expand soon. However, when I try to add an interlanguange link to a page from the Arabic wikia, it results in a red link. Do you know how to fix this? Thank you for any help. And of course, it's not urgent. Anonymous Waddle Dee There goes the 9,948,762nd one. 00:44, April 9, 2018 (UTC)
A little help?
You see, I am an admin of Russian Kirby Wiki, and I'm struggling with "PortalLogo" template. I copied your template to Russian wiki, but when I put them together, they arrange in a straight vertical line instead of arranging in a grid. Can you help me to make logos arrange in a grid?
- Without looking, my guess is you are missing some other templates that make it work; there's several formatting and etc. templates we use here underneath the other ones (as well as custom CSS), so any of that could be causing an issue. I'll check it out in detail fairly soon, I have some other things on my to-do list to get to first. -- ✨Gioku✨ talk 16:38, May 22, 2018 (UTC)