|“||Use the ball to hit the clouds, gradually pushing them up. The first one to the goal results in the indicated prize.”|
|— Bonus Games • Kirby's Block Ball Instruction Booklet|
Up Cloud is a sub-game that appears in Kirby's Block Ball. To activate it, Kirby must find a Warp Star hidden in a stage and touch it. He will be taken to one of four sub-games, and the player may choose Up Cloud.
Kirby will appear in an atmospheric setting with three clouds. His goal is to bump a cloud to the top of the screen; though Kirby can hit all of them, he will only be rewarded for the first cloud that makes it to the top. A cloud will rise slightly with every bump from underneath -- hitting it from the top fill not work. The sub-game ends when Kirby falls off the screen or hits a cloud all the way to the goal.
When the sub-game is over, Kirby mounts his Warp Star again and returns to the stage he left.
- The cloud in the "1UP" column will reward Kirby with a 1UP if he can get it to the goal. It takes six successful hits to accomplish this.
- The cloud in the "2UP" column will reward Kirby with two 1UPs if he can get it to the goal. It takes ten successful hits to accomplish this.
- The cloud in the "3UP" column will reward Kirby with three 1UPs if he can get it to the goal. It takes fourteen successful hits to accomplish this.
|“||In Up Cloud, you bounce a cloud up to the goal and receive the number of extra lives shown. Be patient if you want a 2- or 3-up.”|
|— Description • Nintendo Power (Volume #83)|
- When a cloud is hit from underneath, it will look sad. When hit from above, it will look irritated. When it reaches the goal, the cloud will look happy.
- The three columns vary in order across the screen; they aren't always in the same spot.