|“||Packing pure destructive power, it's a Super Ability! Its name: Ultra Sword! It can rend the Earth as it destroys all in its path!”|
|— Ultra Sword's Flavor Text • Kirby's Return to Dream Land|
Ultra Sword is an upgraded version of Sword. Unlike other Super Abilities, the Ultra Sword is also used to finish off two bosses - Grand Doomer and Magolor's first phase (as well as their EX versions). It also is used in the penultimate level of the game to defeat every mid-boss (except Super Bonkers), obliterating each in one chop.
|Ultra Sword||1 Button||Kirby sweeps a sword, cutlass, kendo stick, meat cleaver, Galaxia, bluefin tuna, or a golden paper fan in a wide arc in front of him.||None|
In the Super Smash Bros. series
Ultra Sword appears as Kirby's Final Smash in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. It replaces Cook, Kirby's Final Smash from Super Smash Bros. Brawl. When used, Kirby will change his appearance to that of the Ultra Sword Super Ability. He will slash at his opponent several times in quick succession as they are unable to move, before performing a finishing blow and sending them flying.
- Unlike the other Super Abilities, Ultra Sword will randomly change the weapon used when attacking.
- Upon using Ultra Sword to defeat Grand Doomer (EX), he always initially uses the cutlass. This is most likely a reference to the fact that it was his default sword before the game officially came out.
- The Ultra Sword is the only Super Ability that has a revamped song when acquired which is only used in two instances: the Grand Doomer (EX) battle and the final stage of Dangerous Dinner.
- In the final phase of the Magolor battle, for one of his moves, he uses two darkened Ultra Swords. In Extra Mode, Magolor Soul instead uses two darkened Galaxias for the attack, possibly as a reminder that Extra Mode makes enemies stronger.
- Ultra Sword and Meta Knight's Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight colorations are the only Kirby elements in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS that were created after Masahiro Sakurai left HAL Laboratory.
- When used as his Final Smash, Kirby will slice any captured opponents ten times, with the last slice launching them.
- In a Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct, Masahiro Sakurai stated that the Ultra Sword is "capable of slicing through anything."
- The sword appears in Kirby: Planet Robobot as a sticker.
- In Kirby: Planet Robobot, the Stone ability will rarely produce a Golden Statue of Ultra Sword Kirby wielding the Bluefin Tuna.
- In BOXBOYBOY!, the comic Kirby's Closet depicts Qbby trying on Kirby's Ultra Sword Ability Hat and carrying the sword itself. The comic ends with him turning around to find Kirby watching him.