|This article's title is derived from disc or cartridge data|
|... because it was never named outside of its respective game's files.|
Toughness Waddle Dee has the same basic appearance as a standard Waddle Dee. However, unlike basic Waddle Dees, the Toughness Waddle Dee has metallic silver skin covering its entire body except for its face, which remains beige. It is also completely immobile, staying firmly anchored in one spot. The only exception to this rule is when it takes damage. Other than that, Toughness Waddle Dee will idly swing its hands back and forth.
The Toughness Waddle Dee is unique from normal Waddle Dees in that it is both completely invincible and immobile. It simply stands, unmoving, in the lower room of the Ability Testing Area until Kirby begins attacking it. Even the most powerful of Kirby's Copy Abilities are incapable of even dealing minor damage to it. As it is meant to act as a dummy for Kirby to test his Copy Abilities on, the Toughness Waddle Dee is also immune to Kirby's Inhale.
The Toughness Waddle Dee is also unique in that it does not deal any damage to Kirby in the event Kirby collides with it. However, colliding with the Toughness Waddle Dee will still cause Kirby to be knocked back and gain invincibility frames, as if he had taken damage.
In Kirby: Planet Robobot, Toughness Waddle Dee appears in the Ability Testing Area. It behaves like it does in Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
- It is possible to move Toughness Waddle Dee from the central area in Kirby: Planet Robobot’s Ability Testing Area with the Jet ability by either using the Hover technique above the enemy or repeatedly attacking it with the Somersault (↑ + tap B) with careful timing. Both methods can lift Toughness Waddle Dee into the air and knock it out of the box.
- If Toughness Waddle Dee is moved far enough beyond the camera's boundaries, it will be found in its neutral position should the player return to it.
- This is also the case when Toughness Waddle Dee is moved outside of the box and attacked powerfully enough to end up knocked out of the camera's boundaries; it will be teleported back to its neutral spot.
- As Toughness Waddle Dee is invincible, some moves that would normally be an automatic KO are ineffective when used against it, such as being frozen by Kirby's Ice ability.
- Just as Toughness Waddle Dee cannot be Inhaled, it cannot be captured with the UFO ability.
- Toughness Waddle Dee serves the same purpose as the training dummies found in the Lor Starcutter's Copy Ability Rooms in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and the training rooms in Kirby's Dream Collection Special Edition. Unlike the Toughness Waddle Dee, training dummies can be defeated.