|This article contains information that does not coincide with the main series canon.|
|This article is about the copy ability exclusive to the anime. For the transformation in Kirby's Epic Yarn, see Top (form).|
Top Kirby wears a simple yellow and white cap with a picture of a top. He can send out dozens of spinning tops with star designs on them, which can slice up anything they touch and then explode. It is very similar to the Yo-Yo ability.
Along with Water, Iron and Baton, Top appeared in the episode Air-Ride-in-Style - Part II of the anime, and was created by fans. There was a contest in Japan to submit copy ability ideas, and this copy ability was the idea of one of the winners.
In the transformation sequence, a top hits Kirby a few times. A cap then appears on Kirby's head. He then catches the top and wields it as a weapon. This transformation sequence is unique in that Kirby twirls as he does the initial flip.
- Top is the only ability debuting in the anime that doesn't share any characteristics with any future abilities:
- Galaxia shares some similarities to the Master ability which debuted in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror.
- Part of the Iron ability shares some similarities to the Metal ability debuting in Kirby: Squeak Squad.
- Water was later made into an actual ability in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
- Baton shares some similarities to the Spear or Staff abilities, both debuting in Kirby's Return to Dream Land and Kirby Star Allies respectively.
- However, it is similar to the Yo-Yo ability, which came before it.