Togezo is a turtle-like black creature with red eyes (yellow in-game) and a large, red shell with yellow spikes on top of it. Togezo's feet are red.
Togezo makes its first appearance in Kirby's Adventure. It will curl up into a ball for defense in certain intervals. In this game and this game only, Togezo will also roll around vigorously in an attempt to impale Kirby with its spiked shell. In this game and in every appearance Togezo makes in a Kirby title, he grants Kirby the Needle ability when inhaled.
In this game's remake, Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, Togezo was replaced by Needlous, who retained all of Togezo's attacks but as different in appearance. The reasons for this change is to avoid regulations with the Mario universe, as "Togezo" means "Spiny".
Togezo appears as an enemy in Kirby's Dream Course. Unlike previously, Togezo will just stand still without doing its roll attack.
Togezo's latest appearance is in Kirby's Dream Land 3, where he retains his appearance (with some coloration changes), but not all of his forms of attack. Togezo does not roll around vigorously in this game.
- Rolling Turtle, Capsule J, Togezo, and Bounder are currently the only enemies to have been replaced by other enemies in their respective game's remake.
- In Japanese supplemental materials of Kirby's Adventure and Kirby's Dream Course, it was originally known as Spiny (スパイニー).
- Togezo and Needlous' tactic of rolling around as a spiky ball later appears as one of Needle Kirby's moves in Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
- In Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, a Demon Beast called Togeira resembles a Togezo, although Togeira has a less turtle-like appearance.
- In Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, an enemy called Punc resembles Togezo, although Punc has a green armadillo-like shell with less spikes, has white eyes and orange shoes. Punc attacks similarly to Togezo from Kirby's Adventure.