|“||Kirby lives in the rainbow islands of Dream Land. The rainbows that connect the islands have been stolen by the evil Dark Matter! Dark Matter has taken control of King Dedede and wants to turn Dream Land into a dark world. With the help of three friends, Kirby sets out on his latest quest to save Dream Land.”|
|— Story of the Rainbow Islands • Kirby's Dream Land 2 Instruction Booklet|
- Grass Land: A grassy area featuring many small grasslands. Whispy Woods serves as the boss here.
- Big Forest: A complex forest area that proves to be quite hard to navigate through. Nruff and Nelly serve as the boss here.
- Ripple Field: One of Dream Land's deepest and largest lakes. Sweet Stuff serves as the boss here.
- Iceberg: Located at the highest reaches of Dream Land, Iceberg is always covered in ice. Ice Dragon serves as the boss here.
- Red Canyon: A craggy canyon area. Mr. Shine & Mr. Bright serve as the boss here.
- Cloudy Park: A peaceful yet cloudy area in the skies of Dream Land. Kracko serves as the boss here.
- Dark Castle: A very mysterious and eerie palace. King Dedede and Dark Matter serve as bosses here.
|“||The game takes you on an extended journey across the islands of Dream Land, each with its own unique features and dangers.”|
|— Description • Nintendo Power (Volume #72)|
- Rainbow Islands is the title of a platform action video game released by Taito in 1987, as a spin-off of the Bubble Bobble series. It has received sequels of its own.
- The Rainbow Islands are more commonly featured as cameos in the Kirby series than locales Kirby can visit. They appear on Kirby: Planet Robobot’s title screen and in Obstacle Arena in Kirby Battle Royale’s Slam Hockey mode.