|“||The People of the Sky had long lived under the cruelties of the evil queen. In a last-ditch effort to save themselves, they put their hopes and dreams into a seed and sent it to the surface... in order to bring Kirby, the hero of Dream Land, to their rescue.”|
|— Closing narration • Kirby: Triple Deluxe|
The People of the Sky are characters introduced in Kirby: Triple Deluxe. They are only seen in Royal Road. The main six People of the Sky must be rescued to open the doors in Stage 5, while the remaining people must be rescued in order to give Kirby a 3D Warp Star.
All of the People of the Sky wear grass skirts and have light yellow skin with floating hands. Each of the main People has a distinct appearance with their own golden pendant with a different gemstone on each:
- The first one has a pink color scheme, with seven pink petals on her head and blonde hair, resembling a generic flower. Her gem is made of rose zircon.
- The second one has a yellow color scheme, and with her orange hair and spiky, yellow petals, her appearance is based off the look of a sunflower. Her gem is made out of amber.
- The third one has a blue color scheme. Her hair has a green stripe/band on the bottom and sprouts up like a violet. Her gem is made of sapphire.
- The fourth one has a purple color scheme. Her petals cover her eyes, with the flower resembling a bellflower and she has a green stem on the top of her head. Her gem is made out of amethyst.
- The fifth one has a red color scheme and takes her design from a rose. Like the purple sky person, she has a green stem on top of her head. From that bud, her red petals come down, covering about all of her right eye. Her gem is made out of ruby.
- The sixth one has a white color scheme and three leaves around her forehead. Her flower resembles a lily and has four thin, light green filaments with yellow stamens sprouting on top of her head. Her gem is made of pearl.
- The remaining People of the Sky have hair that is dusty yellow and magenta, resembling a budding flower. They have no pendant of any sort, but their skirts have a small collar that reveals a bit of their skin.
The People of the Sky lived happily until Queen Sectonia became a tyrant. Before their imprisonment, the fairies dropped the Dreamstalk seed down to Dream Land in the hope that it would lead a hero to save them.
The People of the Sky are first seen imprisoned in Stage 5 of Royal Road. Kirby must release them in order to unlock a huge locked door. There are five main Sky Fairies needed to unlock the final door, and there are secondary people that give Kirby 3D Warp Stars to venture through the stage.
They are apparently strong enough to carry large objects. After Sectonia causes the Dreamstalk to grow out of control, they bring Kirby and King Dedede a cannon to blast through the vines. Kirby's house, as during the game's climax a small group can be seen carrying Kirby and his home down to Dream Land.
|“||The people of this land thought they were clever. They thought they could use the Dreamstalk to save their world. But I saw right through their plan.”|
|— Taranza • Kirby: Triple Deluxe|
|“||“It is said the People of the Sky who enshrined this monster still exist. It seems that the mechanization invasion has not reached them, due to their remote location.””|
|— Vs. Holo-Coily Rattler 2.0 • Kirby: Planet Robobot|
- The People of the Sky are analogous to ancient Mesoamerican people. Both are civilizations of native characters who built massive temples in jungle areas. A number of Mesoamerican civilizations, such as Maya and Aztec, worshiped serpent deities; the People of the Sky are implied to have a fascination with snakes and even worship them, as they built a giant temple to Coily Rattler and may have built the Flame Cobras as well.
- In Kirby: Planet Robobot, the Pink Person of the Sky's face appears as a rare sticker, where she is depicted with an open-mouthed smile.