|“||The People of the Sky had long lived under the cruelties of the evil queen. In a last-ditch effort to save themselves, they put their hopes and dreams into a seed and sent it to the surface... in order to bring Kirby, the hero of Dream Land, to their rescue.”|
|— Closing narration • Kirby: Triple Deluxe|
The People of the Sky are minor characters introduced in Kirby: Triple Deluxe. They are only seen in Royal Road. The main six People must be rescued in order to open the doors in Stage 5, while the generic fairies must be rescued in order to give Kirby a 3D Warp Star.
All of the People of the Sky have grass skirts as their body clothing and have light-colored skin. Each primary fairy has a distinct appearance:
- The first fairy has a pink color scheme, with seven pink petals on her head and blonde hair, resembling a typical flower. Her gem is made of rose zircon.
- The second fairy rescued has a purple color scheme. Her hair covers her eyes, and she has a amethyst gem. She has a grass dress like the other sky people and on top of her head is a green bud.
- The third fairy has a blue color scheme. Her hair has a green stripe/band on the bottom and sprouts up like a violet. Her gem is made of sapphire.
- The fourth fairy has a yellow color scheme, and her hair (and the rest of her head) is based off the look of a sunflower. Her gem is made out of gold.
- The fifth fairy has a red color scheme and probably takes her design from a rose. Like the purple sky person, she has a green bud/sprout on top of her head. From that bud, her red hair comes down, covering about all of her right eye. Her gem is made out of a ruby.
- The sixth and final primary fairy has a white color scheme and multiple buds on her head. Her hair resembles a lily and has small sprouts in the center. Her gem is made of pearl.
- The secondary, generic fairies have hair that is dusty white and magenta, resembling an unbloomed flower. They have no gem of any sort.
The People of the Sky lived happily until Queen Sectonia became a tyrant. Before their imprisonment, the fairies dropped the Dreamstalk seed down to Dream Land in the hope that it would lead a hero to save them.
The People of the Sky are first seen imprisoned in Stage 5 of Royal Road. Kirby must release them in order to unlock a huge locked door. There are five main Sky Fairies needed to unlock the final door, and there are secondary people that give Kirby 3D Warp Stars to venture through the stage.
They are apparently strong enough to carry large objects. After Sectonia causes the Dreamstalk to grow out of control, they bring Kirby and King Dedede a cannon to blast through the vines. Kirby's house, as during the game's climax a small group can be seen carrying Kirby and his home down to Dream Land.
List of People of the Sky
- Pink fairy
- Purple fairy
- Blue fairy
- Yellow fairy
- Red fairy
- White fairy
- Magenta fairy
|“||The people of this land thought they were clever. They thought they could use the Dreamstalk to save their world. But I saw right through their plan.”|
|— Taranza • Kirby: Triple Deluxe|
- The People of the Sky slightly resemble the fairies from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.
- The People of the Sky are analogous to ancient Mesoamerican people. Both are civilizations of native characters who built massive temples in jungle areas. A number of Mesoamerican civilizations, such as Maya and Aztec, worshiped serpent deities; the People of the Sky are implied to have a fascination with snakes and even worship them, as they built a giant temple to Coily Rattler and may have built the Flame Cobras as well.
- In Kirby: Planet Robobot, the Pink Person Of The Sky's face appears as a rare sticker, where she is depicted laughing.
- The People of the Sky is voiced by Hirokazu Ando, who also voiced Magolor in Kirby's Return to Dreamland.