Patched Plains is a mechanized grassland setting with tubes and mechanical grass scattered around the stages, as well as robotic trees commonly seen in Cookie Country. New locales added by the Haltmann Works Company include a train and a Laboratory. On his journey to save Popstar, Kirby can use his newly-discovered Robobot Armor to operate machinery and defeat enemies with ease.
The game's first HAL Room can be found in Stage 3. After entering a secret area containing three 1UPs, Kirby must float up to a thin passage at the top of the screen, travel through a square tube, pass a Noddy and Waddle Dee, and jump onto a Warp Star. This takes the hero to the first HAL Room.
Robobot Armor Modes
- Located in the room following the Clanky Woods chase sequence; in plain sight; unskippable.
- Located in a giant tube in the background; in plain sight.
- In a Treasure Chest on a log in the background.
- Cut right chain with Cutter Mode in optional room.
- Located in a Swap Chamber. Obtained by using both Batteries.
- Enter tube before the Clown Acrobot. Grab Battery and use on Swap Chamber for access to optional room.
- Grab Battery at Docking Station and backtrack to Swap Chamber.
- Follow the correct path as displayed on the screen in the background: ↑Up, ↓Down, ↑Up.
- In the grate room after the Invincible Candy.
- Use Spark or Beam Mode to power wire to open gate.
- In Treasure Chest after defeating Kibble Blade 2.0.
|Stage 1||Star Rod Kirby||Defeat Clanky Woods.|
|Stage 2||Ultra Sword||Behind a couple of logs destroyed with Sword Mode.|
|Stage 3||Sailor Waddle Dee||Use Robobot Armor from Code Cube room to destroy Durable Block in ceiling before Poppy Bros. Jr.|
|Stage 4||Adeleine||Destroy block in grate room nearby Galbo.|
|Stage 6||Taranza||Use Bomb Mode to keep pink Switch activated.|
Patch Plains' name may be a reference to the computing term "patch," a set of changes to a computing program usually in the form of an update, typically to improve the program, such as by fixing bugs.
Its Japanese name, Plain Proptom, appears to reference "prompt," a sequence of characters in a command line.
In Other Languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Japanese||Officially romanized as Plain Proptom.|
|Traditional Chinese||Translates to Idle Plains.|
|German||Ruhe auf dem Radar||Translates to Rest on the Radar.|
|French||Plaine Pixel||Translates to Plain Pixel.|
|Italian||Sentiero Processore||Translates to Processor Path.|
|Spanish||Pradera Períferica||Translates to Peripheral Prairie.|
"Venturing into the Mechanized World" plays in Stage 1 and in the first rooms of Stages 2 and 4; a remix of this theme, "Homeland Restored," plays when accessing a 100%-completed file. "Re: Green Greens" plays in Stages 2 and 3; this is a remix of "Green Greens" from Kirby's Dream Land. "Metal N. Vasion" plays when fighting Invader Armor, the Vols, and King Doo (if the player is no longer under the effects of the Invincible Candy, where "Invincible" plays); a remix of the Mid-boss theme plays 30 seconds into the song. "Pink Ball Activate!" plays in Stage 2 after obtaining the Robobot Armor and in Stage 3 while fighting Gigavolt. "Steel Beat" plays in Stage 3 while in the train. "Spring Breeze" from Kirby Super Star Ultra plays in Stage 3 while in the HAL Room. "Green Laboratory" plays in Stage 4 after entering the lab; this is a remix of "Sandy Canyon 3." Stage 6 features music from past games: "City Trial: Rowdy Charge Tank" from Kirby Air Ride, which is also a remix of Green Greens, plays in the first, second, and sixth rooms; "Top Ride: Metal" from Kirby Air Ride, which is a remix of "Cocoa Cave" from Kirby Super Star, plays in the third room; "Growth Grasses" from Kirby: Canvas Curse, which is a remix of "Yogurt Yard" from Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, plays in the fourth room. "Easy Round Clear" from Kirby's Super Star Stacker, which is a remix of the Normal difficulty theme from Kirby's Star Stacker, plays in the fifth room.
- The platform number at the train station in Stage 3 is L∀∀-H. When flipped upside-down, the number becomes H-AA˥, a possible reference to HAL Laboratory.
- A piano arrangement of "Venturing into the Mechanized World" plays at checkpoints during the Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! mode in Kirby Star Allies.
- In Kirby Star Allies, when playing the Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! sub-game as Susie, some stage layout in Level 1 is changed to reflect Stage 1 of Patched Plains from Kirby: Planet Robobot. Clanky Woods is represented by a giant Waddle Dee boulder that rolls after the player from right to left.
- Patched Plains appears to be heavily based on Cookie Country, with the same kinds of trees, the same view of the moon, and a mechanized version of Cookie Country's boss: Whispy Woods.