As his name suggests, Orange Kirby is an orange member of Kirby's species. His body and arms are a light hue while his feet and blush are darker. He has blue eyes.
Though Orange Kirby did not exist as a character until Kirby Battle Royale, his color scheme (with a light body and dark feet) was used as a palette for Kirby a few times beforehand:
- With a few exceptions, when Kirby obtains a Copy Ability in Kirby's Adventure, he turns a dull orange shade. This is retained in the 3D Classics remake as well.
- Kirby can use the Orange Spray Paint item in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror and Kirby: Squeak Squad to turn himself that color.
- One of Kirby's alternate palettes in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is orange.
- One of the unused elements in Kirby Mass Attack is a palette selection screen where the player would have been able to change the colors of the Kirbys. Orange is among the 13 color palettes that would have been available, as most correspond to a Spray Paint color in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror.
- In the Kirby: Right Back at Ya! episode, The Fofa Factor, Kirby gets split into two; the "female" one is orange.