Nago is one of Kirby's Animal Friends who appears as a playable character in Kirby's Dream Land 3 and Kirby Star Allies. He is a cat and is about twice Kirby's size. Nago has made several cameo appearances throughout the series.
Nago appears to be a round, pudgy Japanese Bobtail cat with brown ears and tail, three whiskers and orange spots on his head and back. He has small arms and legs. His arms and legs are sometimes absent from in-game sprites, official artwork, and Ado's drawings. Nago's eyes are almost always closed, being open only when Kirby chooses another Animal Friend over him and when he is attacking with the Needle ability.
Nago rolls Kirby around like a ball. All of his abilities consist of using Kirby as a projectile weapon. Unlike Rick the hamster, Nago can triple jump in midair. Shiro is Nago's love interest in this game.
|Burning||Nago launches a pillar of fire out of Kirby. It stays relatively close to the ground for the entirety of the attack.|
|Needle||Nago spins his partner who shoots a blitz of spikes quickly, launching at slightly varied angles.|
|Spark||Nago rubs his partner, building up a static charge, they can then move around freely and sparks will shoot out and damage enemies.|
|Cutter||Nago swings his partner upwards and fires a large purple shock wave that damages aerial enemies.|
|Ice||Nago aims Kirby downward as they jet out a burst of cold breath and launch through the air.|
|Parasol||Nago and his partner use the Parasol like a pogo stick. This will block projectiles from below and smash through enemies. The duo are invincible while using this move.|
|Stone||Nago slams a Rock Kirby into the ground, pulverizing anything in the duo's path.|
|Cleaning||Kirby turns into a cloth which Nago pushes along the ground. This move is similar to Wheel.|
Kirby's Stone + Cutter Power Combo lets him turn into statues of any of his past animal friends, including Nago. In this form, Kirby can jump three times midair just like Nago. Although he can still walk, it is very slow.
Nago appears as a collectible sticker.
Nago appears as part of Cleaning's moveset.
In the Super Smash Bros. series
|The following section contains transcluded content from the Database. Source: (view • edit • help)|
Nago's name is likely derived from the word にゃあご (nyaago), an alternative way of saying にゃあ (nyaa), a Japanese onomatopoeic word for "meow."
- Nago was planned to be in Kirby: Right Back at Ya!, but he was left out for an unknown reason.
- In the Japanese manga, Nago is easily put off and is enemies with Pitch.
- In Kirby Star Allies on the title, file select, and menu screens, Nago can sometimes be seen chasing Daroach. This is a reference to the classic "cat and mouse" formula.
- The official strategy guide for Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards incorrectly calls Nago a mouse.
- Nago, despite being male, is a calico cat, which are almost always female due to the gene that makes them calico being stored in the leg on the extra X chromosome that they have.