|This article contains information that does not coincide with the main series canon.|
|Spoiler alert: The following section contains plot-specific details.(Skip Section)|
|“||On the day of judgment, this fluttery fiend will fly into action. Brought into existence by “the greatest warrior in the galaxy” and reborn as a knight of doom through years of adversity—now begins an epic battle with a pure being twisted by a dark past.”|
|— VS Morpho Knight • Kirby Star Allies|
Morpho Knight, titled as Reborn Butterfly, is a boss appearing in Kirby Star Allies. He is the final boss of the Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! mode. He is implied to be the merged form of Galacta Knight and the recurring butterfly. When playing as The Three Mage-Sisters in Guest Star ???? Star Allies Go! and in The Ultimate Choice's Soul Melter EX difficulty, he appears in a more powerful form known as Morpho Knight EX, titled as Dark-Winged Disaster.
Morpho Knight is a spherical creature with black skin, white glowing eyes and no mouth. He has yellow shoes and gloves. His armor is red with black ornamentations and white shoulder pads with a red swirl on both of them. His mask has horns which resemble antennae. He has red sparkling butterfly wings on his back. He wields a sword that looks similar to Galaxia, but it has a red and gold coloration with a butterfly pattern on its handle, with blue spots on both sides of the tip of the sword. What appears to be a gemstone can be seen on the handle, which has a thin black line across it, giving it a similar appearance to a snake's eye.
Morpho Knight EX
While Morpho Knight EX's physical features remain the same as his original incarnation, the color scheme has been altered to a mostly black body with a red blade, red eyes and wings, and purple highlights on his mask and shoes. His blade also has an eye that resembles the ones that mark Void Termina's weak points.
Morpho Knight acts just like Meta Knight and Galacta Knight in that he uses sword attacks, but Morpho Knight's sword is imbued with fire. If a friend has a Sword ability, they can deflect his sword attacks by attacking him, making their swords clash and causing him to flinch. However, one unique move Morpho Knight has is his ability to teleport. Additionally, Morpho Knight can fly to both sides of the screen, charging his sword, and emitting two giant ghostly faces. Morpho Knight may also slice forward and then up, trapping Kirby and his allies in the air while preforming a series of slashes on them before slicing them back onto the ground, dealing massive damage. Also, in his second phase, he creates a second sword, teleports to one side of the screen, and enlarges one of them. He then swings it forward, damaging anyone behind him or in front of him. He then repeats this on the other side. After that, he teleports to the center, enlarges both swords, and swings them down on each side. Morpho Knight can also teleport around the arena and release sound waves from his wings that turn the leading player’s friends against them, similar to what the core of Void Termina does; a Friend Heart must be thrown at the confused friends to return them to the leading player’s side. In the second phase, among with emitting two ghastly faces, he can instead emit one huge ghostly face, then fly to other side of the screen and summon another one. Additionally, he can create one to four tornadoes, depending on how many players there are, that head into the background and then charge into the foreground one at a time, similarly to Meta Knight's Mach Tornado.
Morpho Knight appears in the game's boss rush mode, The Ultimate Choice. He appears in the three highest levels of difficulty (Fiery Showdown, Infernal Crisis and Soul Melter).
Morpho Knight EX
Morpho Knight EX retains most of his old moves, but uses them at a faster rate and teleports more often. It should be noted that when he teleports, he leaves behind a small wave that can damage Kirby. Some of his old moves have also been altered to deal more damage or to be more difficult to avoid. Instead of releasing two medium sized ghastly faces from his sword, he releases a large number of smaller faces that sweep across the battlefield in an arrow formation or a wave formation. He also gains Parallel Meta Knight's counter ability, but instead of retaliating with a swipe of his sword, Morpho Knight EX responds with his trapping aerial slash technique, which is far more damaging. When Morpho Knight EX is preparing to swing his enlarged swords, he summons small vortices that pull Kirby and his allies towards the area where the swords will strike, making it more difficult to evade the swings. Finally, instead of creating a number of tornadoes proportional to how many players there are, he summons five tornadoes that remain in the background before one at a time charging into the foreground.
|“||Come judgement day, this fluttery fiend will fly into action. Will it land in a dream world, or a nightmare? It has mastered its new abilities, now all will witness its true power!”|
|— VS Morpho Knight EX • Kirby Star Allies|
Morpho Knight's name may hold multiple meanings. Morpho is a genus of tropical butterflies, and the word morph means to transform, which may allude to the fact he transforms from a butterfly. Additionally, the name Morpho Knight might have been taken from the word "Metamorphosis".
|”Vs. Morpho Knight"|
|”Vs. Nightmare Wizard (King Dedede/Meta Knight/Bandana Waddle Dee Ver.)"|
|"Dark Matter / Cloudy Park (Rick & Kine & Coo Ver.)"|
|"Vs. Marx (Marx Ver.)"|
|"Hyper Zone 1 (Gooey Ver.)"|
|"Vs. Zero2 / Vs. Miracle Matter / Ripple Star (Adeleine/Ribbon Ver.)"|
|"Boss Battle / Vs. Dark Mind (Second Form) (Dark Meta Knight Ver.)"|
|"Here Come the Squeaks! (Daroach Ver.)"|
|"CROWNED / Dangerous Dinner / Another Dimension / Dark Area / Arena Battle / Sky Tower (Magolor Ver.)"|
|"Sullied Grace / Green Greens / The World to Win / Moonstruck Blossom (Taranza Ver.)"|
|"Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection / Vs. Star Dream / Soul 0 System (Susie Ver.)"|
|"Vs. The Three Mage-Sisters (Heroes in Another Dimension) (The Three Mage-Sisters Ver.)"|
Morpho Knight's battle and reincarnation are not canon, since they take place in a non-canon sub-game, this is also the case for Morpho Knight EX. However, the appearances of the butterfly in previous Kirby games are canon.
- Morpho Knight's design was first shown in the Japanese 20th Anniversary booklet. Given its artstyle, he was likely intended for use in the cancelled Kirby GCN game. His role in the game, as well as potential ties to Meta Knight are unknown, however, he is presumed to be Meta Knight’s beta design, but there is no confirmation for this. His design remains unaltered in Kirby Star Allies, though his sword slightly differs.
- Morpho Knight's butterfly form is nearly identical to the orange butterflies that are seen in several of the newer Kirby opening and ending cutscenes.
- Whether he is one in particular is unknown.
- While real morpho butterflies are usually blue, Morpho Knight is mostly red, and resembles a Monarch Butterfly more. However, the female Morpho aega is a brownish-orange color. The design of the wings also shows that Morpho Knight is a Morpho butterfly as very few butterflies have that specific shape.
- Morpho Knight's battle theme has a similar beat to Meta Knight's battle theme from Kirby Super Star.
- When playing as one of the Dream Friends, different music plays while fighting Morpho Knight along with the arena receiving a great revamp in design.
- As of version 4.0.0, fighting him as Bandana Waddle Dee, King Dedede or Meta Knight will replace the music with a remastered version of Nightmare's theme from Kirby's Adventure/Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land.
- Fighting him as Rick & Kine & Coo will replace the music with a remastered version of the music that plays while fighting Dark Matter's true form in Kirby's Dream Land 2, with some elements of Cloudy Park's music mixed in.
- Fighting him as Marx will replace the music with a remastered version of his theme from Kirby Super Star/Kirby Super Star Ultra.
- Fighting him as Gooey will replace the music with a remastered version of Hyper Zone's first theme from Kirby's Dream Land 3.
- Fighting him as Adeleine & Ribbon will replace the music with a remix of Zero2's theme, Miracle Matter's theme, and Ripple Star's stage select theme from Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.
- Fighting him as Dark Meta Knight will replace the music with a remix of the boss theme and Dark Mind's second phase theme from Kirby & The Amazing Mirror.
- Fighting him as Daroach will replace the music with a remastered version of "Here Come the Squeaks!" from Kirby: Squeak Squad.
- Fighting him as Magolor will replace the music with a remix of "C-R-O-W-N-E-D" mixed with Dangerous Dinner's stage select theme, Another Dimension theme, The Arena theme and Sky Tower theme from Kirby's Return to Dream Land.
- Fighting him as Taranza will replace the music with a remix of Queen Sectonia's themes, starting with "Sullied Grace", continuing with "Moonstruck Blossom" and ending with "The World to Win", all from Kirby: Triple Deluxe.
- Fighting him as Susie will replace the music with a remix of Star Dream's third phase and first phase themes from Kirby: Planet Robobot.
- Fighting him as The Three Mage-Sisters will replace the music with the theme that plays during the second phase of a fight with them in Heroes in Another Dimension.
- The alternate arenas used for the Dream Friends contain familiar locations in the center pool.
|End of spoilers|