|This article is about the Copy Ability. For the type of portals in Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, see Door#Mirrors.|
|“||Reflect attacks back at your rivals, and make duplicates to confound foes!”|
|— Collectible description • Kirby Battle Royale|
- 1 Games
- 2 Damage
- 3 Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- 4 Flavor Texts
- 5 Related Quotes
- 6 In Other Languages
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Videos
- 9 Artwork
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Sprites
- 12 Other Ability Icons
- 13 External Links
- 14 References
Mirror focuses on creating reflective barriers to deal damage. Mirror can create a wall of mirrors in front of it that can directly damage enemies, or reflect incoming projectiles; Mirror's guard also reflects any incoming projectiles. Additionally, Mirror can use its wand or split into mirror images to attack physically. Mirror is obtained from Simirror, who is its Helper.
Mirror gives Kirby a teal and red jester hat, being a recolor of Beam. In Kirby Super Star, Mirror's skin is a slightly lighter pink, whereas in Kirby Super Star Ultra, it is nearly white.
|Mirror cut||Mirror Cut||Y||B||Kirby swings his wand downward, hitting 1 tile in front of him and 1 tile diagonally upward in front of him.||22|
|Reflect force||Reflect Force||Hold + Y||Hold B||Kirby creates a wall of mirrors in front of him that reflect projectiles. It travels 3 tiles forward and up to 2 tiles upward and 1 tile downward.||12 per hit|
|Mirror body||Mirror Body||Dash + Y||Dash + B||Kirby splits into two Kirbys that move tangent to his movement and travel 3 tiles in opposite directions before merging back into one. Kirby is invincible during this move.||16 (split), 22 (merge)|
|Reflect guard||Reflect Guard||L or R||L/R||Kirby surrounds himself with a rainbow-colored force field, reflecting any projectiles that touch it.||Depends on reflected projectile|
Mirror now lets Kirby perform new Mirror Body techniques, allowing Kirby to create reflections of himself in vertical or ring-shaped formations. Mirror can be obtained from Simirror and the Palutena and Zelda amiibo.
Mirror now has a blue and indigo jester hat, and has reflective decor on its front side, differentiating itself from Beam. Its wand is also topped with a blue square pyramid instead of a sphere.
|Mirror Cut||B||Kirby swings his wand downward, hitting 3 tiles forward, two tiles upward, and one tile downward.||22, 16 (repeat Mirror Cuts)|
|Reflect Force||Hold B||Kirby creates a wall of mirrors in front of him that reflect projectiles. It travels 4 tiles forward and up to 2 tiles upward and 1 tile downward.||12 (1st hit), 4 (repeat hits)|
|Mirror Body||Dash + B||Kirby splits into two Kirbys that move tangent to his movement and travel 4 tiles in opposite directions before merging back into one. Kirby is invincible during this move.||16 (split), 24 (merge), 16 (repeat merge hits)|
|Mirror Body - Sky||↑ + B||Kirby splits into five, forming a vertical line upwards, damaging enemies who come into contact with any of the Kirbys.||18 (1st hit), 4 (repeat hits)|
|Mirror Body - Ring||↓ + B||Kirby splits into seven, with the original in the center and six around him. This move damages enemies which come into contact with any of the Kirbys.||12 (1st hit), 4 (repeat hits)|
|Reflect Guard||L/R||Kirby surrounds himself with a rainbow-colored force field, reflecting any projectiles that touch it. Reflected projectiles turn into stars and fly in the direction of the attacking enemy, instead of being truly reflected.||20 (reflected projectile), 6 (repeat reflected projectiles)|
Mirror appears as a Copy Ability that was added due to the results of the first Kirby 25th Anniversary Copy Ability Poll. Mirror has the unique ability of being able to reflect projectile attacks back at opponents. Unlike Copy Abilities that were part of the game upon release, Mirror doesn't have any Headgear.
|Move||Controls||Description||Damage (Robo Bonkers)|
|Type A/Type C||Type B/Type D|
|Reflect Force||B||Y||Kirby swings his scepter and then creates many small mirror that can reflect projectiles. Combination of Mirror Cut and Reflect Force.||20x2 (Mirror Cut), 70x2 (Reflect Force)|
|Mirror Body||Y||A||Kirby splits into two briefly.||150 (splitting), 80 (merging)|
|Mirror Body - Spin||Hold/release B||Hold/release Y||Kirby splits into six and spins around in a ring formation. Similar to Mirror Body - Ring, but Kirby can move around while performing it. In Side View modes, the ring formation is on the XY plane, giving the attack more vertical height.||110 per hit|
|Mirror Cut||22||22, 16 (repeat Mirror Cuts)|
|Reflect Force||12 per hit||12 (1st hit), 4 (repeat hits)|
|Mirror Body||16 (split), 22 (merge)||16 (split), 24 (merge), 16 (repeat merge hits)|
|Mirror Body - Sky||N/A||18 (1st hit), 4 (repeat hits)|
|Mirror Body - Ring||12 (1st hit), 4 (repeat hits)|
|Reflect Guard||Depends on reflected projectile
|20 (reflected projectile), 6 (repeat reflected projectiles)|
|“||Ah! Mirror Kirby.”|
|— Meta Knight • One Crazy Knight|
Mirror is mostly unchanged from the game version in the anime, and Kirby wears the same hat. The attacks Kirby uses are Reflect Guard, Mirror Body and Mirror Cut. When he uses Reflect Guard, he gains a translucent rainbow-colored force shield. Mirror Body is greatly updated - instead of only two, Kirby creates dozens and dozens of copies, all of which can harm the enemy. His most powerful is the Mirror Cut, where his scepter turns into a shimmering sword that he uses to cut the enemy in two.
In the transformation sequence, Kirby looks at his reflection in a mirror then spins until it breaks, turning into Mirror Kirby. The mirror shards form into the tip of his scepter.
|Reflect enemy attacks or fool them by creating a double image of Kirby.|
|This mirror has odd powers! Deflect projectiles or project doubles of yourself!|
|This mysterious multiplying ability uses a magical technique. It responds to attacks received while guarding with automatic counterattacks. (American English)|
|No one is quite sure how this odd cloning ability works. While guarding, it responds automatically to attack by countering straight away. (British English)|
|Reflect attacks back at your rivals, and make duplicates to confound foes!|
|“||Reflect enemy attacks and make duplicates of Kirby!”|
|— Kirby Battle Royale - Kirby's 25th Anniversary Copy Ability Poll|
|“||This dazzling Copy Ability lets Kirby create mirror images of himself to confuse enemies and perform multiple attacks at once.”|
|— Official Kirby Battle Royale Website|
In Other Languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Japanese||Translates to Mirror.|
|German||Spiegel||Translates to Mirror.|
|French||Miroir||Translates to Mirror.|
|Italian||Specchio||Translates to Mirror.|
|Spanish||Espejo||Translates to Mirror.|
- Mirror appears with its original hat in the cover of the 16th volume of Kirby of the Stars: The Story of Dedede Who Lives in Pupupu, where Kirby also wears a suit to match the hat.
- Like the Beam ability, the official artwork shows stars on both sides of his hat. This version is also used in the anime.
- Mirror's original hat in official artwork and in Kirby: Right Back at Ya! (and Mirror's Little Buddy plush based on its original appearance by extension) is a flipped version of how it appears in the games; the artwork depicts the red part of the hat on Kirby's right side, when it is on his left side when facing right (and in his dashing sprite, which doesn't undergo sprite flipping). This error is also present in its icon in Kirby Super Star, but it was fixed in Kirby Super Star Ultra
- This same error also occurred with Beam's similar hat in its Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra artwork.
- In the Super Smash Bros. series, when Kirby copies Zelda, he can use Nayru's Love, a move that performs similarly to Mirror's Reflect Guard. This is likely the reason the Zelda amiibo gives Kirby Mirror in Kirby: Planet Robobot
- An unused ability in Kirby: Squeak Squad, named Block, uses a hat near identical to Mirror's.
- In the anime, Mirror Kirby had two versions of transformations. The first one that appears in the episode One Crazy Knight had a basic normal looking transformation; the one that appears in the episode Buccaneer Birdy had the same animated transformation but with added 2D and 3D special effects.
- In Kirby: Planet Robobot, Kirby's Mirror ability design looks to be made from leather.
- Mirror is the only ability in Kirby: Planet Robobot that can hit enemies in the background while attacking from the foreground.
- In both episodes that Mirror appears, Kirby does the exact same things to defeat the monster.
- In the 25th Anniversary Poll that ran on the Official Kirby Website, Mirror was unveiled on November 7, 2017 to have been the first place winner, combining results from the United States, Europe and Japan. This resulted in its inclusion in Kirby Battle Royale.
- Dark Meta Knight has the moves Dark Mirror and Dark Mirror - Ring as a Dream Friend in Kirby Star Allies; these moves behave near identically to Mirror Body and Mirror Body - Ring respectively.