|“||Shoot laser beams that bounce off angled surfaces!”|
|— Kirby Battle Royale - Kirby's 25th Anniversary Copy Ability Poll|
Laser focuses on firing lasers that ricochet off slopes to deal damage. Laser can light Cannon fuses and can use its ricocheting to hit objects in otherwise more difficult places; certain stages are designed with this aspect of Laser in mind. Laser is obtained from the Laser Ball enemy.
In Kirby's Adventure, Kirby fires lasers from his hand, but starting in Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, Kirby gains a high-tech visor.
|Laser||B||Kirby fires a laser straight ahead. When it ricochets off a slope, its angle is changed by 90°. The laser can ricochet up to three times.|
In addition to lighting Cannon fuses, Laser can now light Candles, vaporize clouds, and melt snow and ice; despite its heating abilities, it cannot incinerate grass or bushes. Upon obtaining the Laser Ability Scroll, located in the first Treasure Chest in Extra Stage of Jam Jungle, Laser can now charge up a bigger, more powerful laser. Laser can be obtained from Laser Ball or Doc's laser cannon.
|Kirby can fire a laser beam! This beam will bounce off slopes, so try it in many places!|
|-Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation-|
And it ricochets off hills, too!
|OPTICAL WEAPON ARMED|
It's rumored to be a bigger beam than it used to be.
In Other Languages
|Names, etymology and in other regions|
|Language||Name||Definition, etymology and notes|
|Japanese||Officially romanized as Laser.|
|English||Laser||Acronym for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.|
|German||Laser||Same as English.|
|French||Laser||Same as English.|
|Italian||Laser||Same as English.|
|Spanish||Láser||Translates to Laser.|
- Although Laser didn't directly appear in Kirby's Dream Land 3, if Spark and ChuChu teamed up, the player would gain an ability that behaved similarly to Laser, except it could be charged. This charge would later make an appearance in Kirby: Squeak Squad.
- Kirby Nightmare in Dream Land and Kirby & The Amazing Mirror’s flavor texts use the original acronym of laser: Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. This spells out Laser, which has now been incorporated as a word in itself.
- The color of Kirby's laser changes to match his body color of any Spray Paints that are applied to his body.
- Laser Kirby's flavor text in Kirby: Squeak Squad may be referencing to older games, such as Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land and Kirby & The Amazing Mirror, by comparing the possible sizes of the lasers in the games. Laser Kirby's moveset in Kirby: Squeak Squad allows Kirby to charge his lasers if he has the Laser Scroll, so his charged lasers are bigger than the lasers in the older games.
- In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, when Kirby inhales R.O.B. and gains his ability, the hat resembles Laser's visor and the attack is pretty much the same, except it can also ricochet off of flat surfaces as well as sloped surfaces and its range becomes limited if used constantly. Kirby even makes a similar sound to the Laser ability when he fires the laser.