|This article is about the promotional Flash game for Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. For the small games within the Kirby games, see Sub-game.|
|“||Use the arrow keys to move yourself left and right[.] Collect 10 tomatoes to complete the level[.] Avoid enemies[.] A bottle refills your energy[.] A parasol protects you for 5 seconds[.] Finish three levels to win[.] Complete the game and win a Kirby booklet to print!”|
|— Instructions (translated) • Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land Kirby Mini-Game|
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land Kirby Mini-Game is a web game in the Kirby series. It was developed and published by Nintendo in 2002 as a promotion for Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land. It was a downloadable reward only accessible to members of Nintendo VIP 24:7, a Europe-exclusive loyalty program that was later rebranded as Club Nintendo.
This is a simple collecting game. The player moves Kirby left and right with the arrow keys in an effort to grab ten falling Maxim Tomatoes. Images of Kabu, Slippy, Gip, Javelin Knight, and Phan Phan fall randomly as hazards--if one touches Kirby, it disappears and drains his health bar slightly. If he is hit by too many enemies, the game ends. Kirby can refill his energy by collecting falling Peppy Tonics and shield himself from enemies by touching a Parasol.
Each round becomes more frequent with enemy drops and gets more hectic overall. After clearing all three rounds, the player is provided a link to a PDF featuring Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land Copy Abilities. This can be printed and cut into a booklet.
|“||You won! Click to download your prize.”|
|— Victory message (translated) • Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land Kirby Mini-Game|
- As the Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land Kirby Mini-Game lacks any credits list, the name(s) of the developer(s) is/are unknown.
- The game's exact release date is unknown.
- Every character animation in this game is made using existing Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land artwork. Most of these images are static. Kirby's walking animation is made by flipping his feet back and forth.
- Kirby's hitbox is larger than his image.
- Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land Kirby Mini-Game. Game is archived and playable (requires Flash to play).