|“||Hiding in their caves, Gloms show their eyes before they pop out to look for food—which includes Kirby. Walk to the edge of their caves to lure them out, then grab whatever treasure lies in front.”|
|— Description • Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Official Strategy Guide (Prima)|
Glom resembles a frog with two hands, each with three fingers. It has a green head, a white chin, two small eyes with black eyeballs, and a red mouth.
In the credits for Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, Glom is depicted with a much longer body than it seems to have, making it more resemble a glass lizard, which are snake-like reptiles with two tiny forelimbs, than a frog.
Glom makes its only appearance in this game, making its first appearance on Aqua Star. It hides in a hole and lies in wait for Kirby to approach. Once he does draw near, it will poke its head out and attempt to swallow the pink puff. If it manages to do so, it will spit him out, causing him damage. Glom is impervious to all forms of attack.
Glom's name comes from the word meaning to grab or become attached to.
Its Japanese name, ペロッガー (Peroggā), is likely a portmanteau of the Japanese onomatopoeia for licking, ペロペロ (peropero); and "frogger," referencing its frog-like appearance.
|“||When you pass in front of a frog's hole, the frog will lunge — watch out!”|
|— Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards Official Strategy guide (BradyGames)|
- Although Glom resembles a frog in its official artwork and in-game 3D model, its in-game artwork makes it more serpentine.
- Glom's form of attack is somewhat similar to the enemy Peloo, which also attempts to eat and spit Kirby out when he gets too close.
- Glom's form of attack would later be reused for the enemy Barbar. Barbar, however, can attack from both the side and the background.
- An enemy similar to Glom, Gaveela, appears in Kirby: Canvas Curse. Gaveelas hide in the sides of rocks and behave the same as Glom, possibly meaning that Glom is an early design for Gaveela.
- Glom works similarly to Pacto and Maw but comes from the background, not the top or bottom of the screen. Small eyes also appear before he does.