|This article contains information that does not coincide with the main series canon.|
|“||Beware of Erasem! I'm fearsome, but you won't remember. Whoever is attacked by me is destined to be forgotten forever.”|
|— Erasem • Escar-Gone|
Erasem is a tiny, pale, insect-like monster, and also appears very ghostly. It has a large circular head which is roughly half the size of its body. It has a lone, small horn sticking out of its head and very small arms. It has tiny thin eye holes, and is often seen traveling in a bubble when not inside the body of one of its victims. It is also one of the few known monsters who can talk, similar to Slice n' Splice and the transformed Lovely.
Erasem is a small creature that causes mischief once entering the body of an unfortunate host. However, unlike most Monsters that Dedede orders, it attacks Escargoon instead of Kirby. As a now agonized Escargoon wanders the streets of Cappy Town unnoticed and unrecognized the next morning, it soon becomes evident that Erasem's power is to make its foes disappear from everyone's memory, leaving them alone and forgotten about. Luckily, Kirby is somehow able to see Escargoon for who he is, and offers him some small comfort. He is also able to convince his friends to help free him from its ghastly presence. The gang uses a torture machine located in the castle's basement in an attempt to expel the monster, which is the only way to free him from its clutches. Escargoon is eventually freed from its possession and Erasem threatens to posses someone else. Erasem swiftly floats out into town, but Kirby inhales it. The town now has no recollection of Kirby, so he spits it back out soon after. Before Kirby has the chance to react further, it disappears, exclaiming "Bye bye Kirby!" The monster is never seen again.
Erasem's name is a portmanteau of "erase" and "them," referring to the monster's ability to erase the memories of people surrounding its host.
Its Japanese name, ボウキャック (Boukyakku), comes from the Japanese word for forgetfulness, ぼうきゃく/忘却 (Bōkyaku).
|“||Erasem is one of the tinier monsters in our inventory. Try searching the castle with a magnifying glass.”|
|— N.M.E. Sales Guy • Escar-Gone|
|“||Bye bye, Kirby.”|
|— Erasem in the final shots of Escar-Gone. • Kirby: Right Back at Ya!|
- When Escargoon is pain stricken and realizes he has been forgotten by all of Cappy Town in the Japanese version of the anime, the ending theme for Revenge of Meta Knight can briefly be heard in the background as he desperately looks for someone who remembers him.
- It is possible that Erasem can remove its victim from everyone's memories, but not from N.M.E.'s monsters.
- This theory may be supported if it is true that Kirby was originally a monster created by eNeMeE, as Kirby seems to remember Escargoon even when Erasem inhabits him.
- In the episode Scare Tactics - Part II, what appears to be Erasem can be seen inside a siren in the glowing light room.
- In Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards, there is an enemy called Noo that bears a slight resemblance to Erasem.