|This article contains information that does not coincide with the main series canon.|
|This section is a stub - It needs expansion!|
When Cappies kids start making fun of the King, he builds the first ever school to teach them manners.
|Spoiler alert: The following section contains plot-specific details.(Skip Section)|
|This section needs images|
When all the kids started making fun of King Dedede and Escargoon by painting horrible looking pictures of him on the walls and singing songs that mocked him, he decided to start a school for young children to learn to respect him. He then downloaded a school from NME called "eNeMeE Academy", which he remodeled for himself and re-dubbed the "Dedede Academy". It came with a cape and a hat which turned regular people into callous drill sergeant-like teachers. This fact was unbeknownst to everybody, and as a result, all the kids in Cappy Town were sent to this school. On the first day, Dedede and Escargoon called for temporary volunteers to teach. When the volunteer put the mysterious hat on, they became strict and started giving orders and extremely hard educational questions. The only staff member who acted normal in the entire school, besides Dedede and Escargoon, was Chef Kawasaki, who did not need to wear the hat, as he had his own chef's hat. None of the Cappy Town kids knew the answers, which were all answered by King Dedede in an attempt to make himself look better and smarter; however, he answered the questions through use of external aid, such as a calculator. All of the children in Cappy Town left school with a huge load of "homework," which was given even in P.E. as the kids who did not finish the difficult obstacle course were forced to "finish it at home." Interestingly, all of this "homework" did not even relate to the subjects taught in the school, and instead focused only on promoting King Dedede.
Tiff put down her "homework" in suspicion and confronted Meta Knight for answers. However, all he gave her was a book about the school and a few parting words. In the middle of the night (Kirby and Tuff passed out on the living room floor of her house), Tiff read the school's book, and as she came to the page which stated that a cape and a hat needed to be put on during administrative hours to "show respect," she fell out of her chair in exhaustion and fell asleep.
The next day, Chief Bookem teaches Music, getting Kirby to sing the school anthem. After few students complain about the anthem, they begin playing a song on their recorders, annoying the chief. The hat falls off the moment the class ends. Then Mabel teaches art class, telling every students to make an art. Tiff notices that everyone is making a model of King Dedede. Tiff ruins Tuff's clay model, and make Mabel try to punish her. Tiff then realizes that the reason of the teachers' bad behavior is due to the hat. Kirby takes off the hat from Mabel, and accidentally put it on Tiff. Tiff turned into a monster and started to chase Kirby with a desk. Tuff kicked off the hat from her head in panic, but while the hat was idle on the floor, it turned into a monster that could not be inhaled by Kirby, even by Super Inhale. Kirby took a serious beating before Tiff said that if Kirby inhaled projectiles shot by the monster, he would probably gain an ability. When Kirby inhaled the chalk, he turned into Fighter Kirby and the tables turned when Kirby started beating up the monster with his fancy fighting moves, eventually destroying the monster, and the entire school in the process, with Rising Break. King Dedede complained that without a school, the kids would not know how to respect him; to King Dedede's dismay, the school that opened up shortly after did had a reading class which taught how clumsy the king could be.
|End of spoilers|
Changes in the dub
- The scenes when Buttercup was throwing students who got the math questions wrong was removed from the dub.
- In the original, when Buttercup told Iro to tell the answer to 1 + 1, Iro answered "3", resulting in him getting thrown. In the English dub, he said he doesn't know.
- In the English dub, Mayor Len didn't say what he was using to make an explosive substance. In the original, he used sulphur, potassium nitrate and charcoal, which, when mixed in the right proportions, makes crude "black powder" or gunpowder.
- At the beginning of the original episode, when the kids are painting graffiti on Dedede's walls, they are singing the ending theme, "Kihon wa Maru". In the English dub, they are singing a song that makes fun of Dedede poetically-
- "When old King Dedede came to town,
- he got off his throne and his pants fell down
- he thinks he's a king but he's really a clown,
- When Dedede came to town!
- When old King Dedede starts to roar,
- you've never heard anything like it before
- Unless of course, you've heard him snore
- then Dedede starts to roar!"
- When it was the end of class, Kirby said "poyo" and he was thrown. In the English dub, Kirby didn't get to answer. However the scene where Kirby gets thrown is left intact during the recap of the episode in The School Scam.
- The Japanese text on Teacher Creature been removed in the dub.
- The word DDD on the textbook Curio gives Tiff was airbrushed out.
- The word manual on the school handbook was airbrushed out.
- Despite not taking place in a magic school, the episode reuses the uniforms from A Novel Approach, instead of putting the characters in more traditional school uniforms. These such uniforms are only worn by select characters in The School Scam and aren't worn at all in Teacher's Threat.
- During the music class with Chief Bookem in the Japanese version, the children play Kirby ★ March on their flutes.
- This is the only time Kirby gets attacked by Tiff, this happens when she is turned evil when Kirby accidentally puts the hat on her.