|“||Face rivals in quick challenges!”|
|— Description • Kirby Battle Royale|
Crazy Theater is one of the ten game modes in Kirby Battle Royale. Players complete various challenges in order to obtain points; it can be free-for-all or in teams. The player that obtains five points, or team that obtains ten points, wins. It is unlocked by default in the full game; it is the only unlockable Battle Mode in the game's demo, unlocked for 100 Battle Coins.
Crazy Theater is first played in the second Bronze League Battle during Story Mode.
Crazy Theater assigns a challenge for the players to perform, the curtains open, and then the players get points for performing the assigned challenge within the short time limit. Rivals can be attacked at any time in order to hinder their ability to complete them; rivals can be knocked out as well, which can make the task impossible to complete for that rival. Once a player reaches four points, or a team reaches at least eight points, the music changes, and the next challenge(s) are more challenging.
Dream Theater is the only stage in Crazy Theater. Its floor has a red jigsaw pattern with two large panels with question marks on them. The audience features many Waddle Dees and a single Waddle Doo, all waving glowing rods. The types of challenges are:
- Attack your rivals!
- Avoid the blast!
- Carry 1 apple!
- Carry 3 apples!
- Carry 5 apples!
- Dodge asteroids!
- Dodge attacks!
- Dodge the shocks!
- Stand on the answer!
- Strike with B-charge-up!
- Use B charge-ups on rivals!
During the "Dodge the shocks!" challenge, the top of the screen is taken up by Kracko, who unleashes moving lightning bolts in different patterns over the stage. Like the asteroids and time bomb in Crazy Theater, these deal an instant KO.
- Lone Leader
- Succeeded single-handedly the most times!
- Rival-Chucking Champ
- Threw the most rivals!
- Victory Blocker
- Damaged the most rivals that were one win away from victory!
- Zero-Damage Elite
- Cleared without taking damage the most times!
|“||You'll enter a series of quick challenges. Hit the max number of wins before your rivals!”|
|— Beat quick challenges • Kirby Battle Royale|
|“||In a question challenge, knock rivals off the correct answer!”|
|— Don't let foes answer • Kirby Battle Royale|
|“||Win the various challenges before your opponents do!”|
|— Collection Lists • Kirby Battle Royale|
|“||Complete challenges to score points. You'll even get a chance to mess with your opponents.”|
|— Description • Kirby Battle Royale official website|
- Crazy Theater is comparable to the WarioWare Inc. stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS: both feature the players fighting each other while also performing particular tasks within a short time limit, referred to as microgames in the WarioWare series, to receive bonuses. However, Crazy Theater only focuses on the short games, which sometimes require the players to attack each other.
- In 4-player free-for-alls, where only five points are needed for victory, it is very common for matches to end with multiple winners.