As its name implies, Another Dimension is an alternate dimension different than that of Kirby’s. The only way to access and exit Another Dimension is through portals known as dimensional rifts, which appear in various places when the fabric of spacetime has broken down, or when they are opened by powerful beings or objects.
Another Dimension is portrayed as a strange and mysterious world, as while it mostly consists of nothing but space, it also has some places that would be seen in Kirby’s home dimension, such as grasslands, beaches, forests, towers, and even an alternate version of Castle Dedede, in which Parallel Dedede resides in. In Kirby Star Allies, it is shown that some areas in Another Dimension have what appears to be a colored sky, clouds, and even a sun. Another Dimension is also shown to contain planets, as Halcandra is located in this dimension.
GamesKirby's Return to Dream Land.
A dimensional rift leading to Another dimension is opened by Magolor using the power of the Master Crown in order for him to take over Planet Popstar, beginning his scheme of conquering the universe. It is the only level that cannot be accessed from the world map, and can only be accessed after defeating Landia or by going to Dangerous Dinner, entering the boss stage door, and choosing "Final Challenge" from the two options.
At this point, Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede and Bandana Waddle Dee already realized that they have been misled into fighting against Landia, who was really protecting the Master Crown from Magolor, who previously made a failed attempt to steal it. After Magolor disappears into the newly-opened dimensional rift, Landia offers its assistance and the team takes off in pursuit.
Previously, throughout Kirby's adventures on Planet Popstar and Halcandra, there are dimensional rifts which can be revealed using Super Abilities throughout various stages which lead to dangerous areas in Another Dimension. They have stark, dark purple masses which perpetually threaten the place to collapse onto itself. The usual fauna seen on Popstar and Halcandra are sometimes present in these areas, presumably having entered through the rift before Kirby did.
Ability names in bold are provided before the final boss.
Monster Flame (Main Mode only)
Flare Beam (Main Mode only)
Snow Bowl (Extra Mode only)
Grand Hammer (Extra Mode only)
All Copy Abilities (excluding Sleep) can be obtained from the enemies summoned by Magolor's third form and Magolor Soul. However, most of the enemies that yield particular abilities (such as Owgulf and Walky) are only summoned if Kirby dropped their ability to obtain a Super Ability; as such, the Copy Abilities that Kirby can obtain in Another Dimension vary depending on what ability (or abilities, if any at all) Kirby and company brought with them. In Extra Mode, Monster Flame and Flare Beam are replaced with Snow Bowl and Grand Hammer.
In the New Challenge Stages mode, Kirby races Magolor in a few locations on Planet Popstar. Two of these races, Magolor Race 3 and Magolor Race EX, take place in Another Dimension, as the locations have the same background as the inside of the dimensional rifts.Kirby Fighters and is the only stage to not reappear in Kirby Fighters Deluxe, instead being replaced by the Fountain of Dreams.
Another Dimension is a very basic stage, being just flat terrain, no hazards or platforms. The ground is a thin layer of amber over a dark purple. The background features a glowing red orb with a web extending from it, as well as shapes that resemble gears with varying amounts of cogs. This stage is always the last stage in single-player, in which the player fights again Shadow Kirby, who is using the same Copy Ability as the player.
|Main article: Heroes in Another Dimension|
Another Dimension returns as the main setting for the Heroes in Another Dimension sub-game. In it, the player travels through five stages in Another Dimension, collecting Friend Hearts and going through Hero Doors that change Player 1 into a Dream Friend. Parallel versions of previous bosses, such as Whispy Woods, Kracko, Meta Knight, and King Dedede are fought here. A fight with a corrupted version of Hyness takes place near the end, and The Three Mage-Sisters return as bosses once again, this time fighting as a trio instead of individually.
|"Fly! Kirby of the Stars"|
- Another Dimension pays homage to the battle leading up to Galactic Nova Nucleus in Kirby Super Star and Kirby Super Star Ultra. The green Doomers also act similar to the Volms inside Galactic Nova, as both move along platforms and use similar attacks.
- Transparent images of the past levels can be seen in the background of Another Dimension in Kirby's Return to Dream Land. The ones found in the first segment of the level are harder to see, but the ones that appear during the Lor & Magolor battle are more visible.
- The internal file name for Another Dimension's theme in Kirby's Return to Dream Land is "st_halberd.brstm". This may imply that the Halberd would have originally been involved in some way, although this is not confirmed.
- In Kirby: Triple Deluxe’s Kirby Fighters sub-game, Another Dimension parallels with the recurring stage in the Super Smash Bros. series, Final Destination, being a flat area and where the last battle takes place, and generally depicted as floating in space.
- Another Dimension is mentioned in Kirby: Planet Robobot. In the backstory for Susie and President Haltmann (revealed through several Boss descriptions of Meta Knightmare Returns), Susie was accidentally transported to Another Dimension after an experiment with the Mother Computer went wrong, which caused her father to believe she had perished. Susie eventually managed to find a way out of Another Dimension. It is implied that during her time there she obtained data on the Doomers, which she later input into the Holo Defense API.